Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OC 2.0 Spawn Poll

Started by topace103 [2812566] on in General Discussion.

72 replies · 1.24k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
73
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

topace103 [2812566]

I have my own (quite strong) opinions on the OC 2.0 spawning system. However I would like to see what the rest of Torn thinks. Will try to keep my bias to a minimum here for maximum transparency. What is your opinion on the new OC 2.0 spawning system?

flare [2195157] Officer Officer

I too have very Strong and Large opinions on 2.0 spawning, however I will refrain from sharing them. (Im not on OC 2.0 and havent been yet)

ita [2523178]

Too early for that, large majority are yet to experience its effects, if anything the immediate effect is positive as we finally get to put the entire fac in ocs

 

And regardless I doubt most of the playerbase cares if their average income is slightly reduced or if they gotta sit a few days without ocs due to RNG Lol unfortunate but might as well start embracing RNGesus cuz I don't see it changing 

 

Malgarth [2308239]

Lmfao, already whining when the thing was released YESTERDAY + they will tweak it according to what the analytics show.

What a dumbass.

 

RealTeel [3008047]

The 900+ day old "Highly Distinguished Outcast" has a very strong opinion on the new (literally one day old) OC system? 

 

Oh DO tell!!! 

 

Edit::: what is the issue? If you are sitting in a low respect faction that can't afford the respect needed to spawn higher OC, go to another one that suits your needs. 

 

Sucks for smaller factions, but imo any faction sub 1m respect is usually either a cache farm, a noob faction (no need for higher OC) or a passion project for friends. 

 

 

 

Ken_Doll [2288416]

So far so good, but it JUST was updated so it's way too soon to realize the effectiveness.  As far as the first 24 hours goes it's great, but we won't know much until the next 2 weeks go by IMO. Way too early for this poll tbh.

My faction has plenty of lower CE members who are suited for level 1-2 OC's which obviously cost the least amount of Scope.  So, if anything, maybe after a while if we aren't efficient (or if the scope regen rate is too slow) we may eventually have a hard time affording enough higher level OC's, but we won't know that for a while, and my group seems to only be suited for up to level 7 ... might try a level 8 soon, but I'm optimistic.

Andyman [471591]

I like the concept and it further incentivizes players to take risk, but not too much risk. We need to wait 30-40 days to see how it pans out.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Personally I hate it right now. That opinion may change but it's a crap ton of work trying to manage it. 

 

Of course it's new and we need to work out the kinks, but in my opinion it's not beneficial to the game making something so mundane an absolute chore to organize. 

 

We get hyped up by Ched about these new features and they drop, missing parts of it that then get added in slowly, it gets changed 10 times until people are happy with it. What happened to updates that excite people and then players are actually excited and having fun doing it? Why does everything have to be a nightmare from the start? 

topace103 [2812566]

Honestly I can respect this opinion. Might be worth doing a follow up poll in a few months (if the changes last that long) to see how everyone feels after some time to process it and after any changes Ched might make to it.

lonerider543 [2173471]

So I don't really hate it overall - I voted that I "kinda like it"- but I am not a fan of the RNG aspect. I understand why it's kinda important but it essentially feels like I am gambling with the faction's resources. I am not a fan of gambling in general but at least if it's with my own money I can tolerate it, but this just feels bad.

 

That being said, at the very least a change I would like to see (unless that's already implemented because I did not see it in the announcement) is for scope to be refunded when an OC expires.

 

Reason for this is that I kind of want to have a variety of OCs available for when people finish their current ones so they can join the next one without too much delay, but it's really hard to know which people are suitable for which levels. So easiest is just to have one of each level available (or at least for most levels), but it's likely that some may expire then because I would need to spawn a fair amount to cover all/most levels.

 

Another reason as well is if I spawn in a level 6-8 OC for example and I don't get a level 8, but instead a level 7. It is very unlikely I can find a team to fill the level 7 so either my level 8 team has now been forced to do a level 7 OC instead or I let the 4 scope go to waste and try spawn a level 8 instead.

 

Another (maybe better) example could be as well that a faction that does not have any suitable members to do level 8 ends up getting a level 8 when they tried to spawn in a level 6 or 7. That one will then be wasted again. Just does not really feel like a fun mechanic.

 

Either way this makes managing the scope quite difficult. I know were still in the early stages, but after having finished the first few OCs and having spawned new ones I now find myself lower than the 25 we started with and barely any teams available (so not like I spent loads on spawning a bunch of OCs, it's more because a fair amount failed so far). So I don't think it's necessary to additionally punish us when we end up getting a bad pull from the RNG and are not able to fill the OC and we should just be able to let it expire so we can at least recover the scope spent.

 

Tarelli [1060371]

I like it, the only problem I have as a low respect faction is it's going to take a while to unlock the high tier crimes we had been doing regularly. We had 1.5 lvl 7 teams and 2 lvl 6 teams and they will have to drop to lvl 5 for the time being.

 

But the solution is simple, earn more respect...