Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Tree Update API

Started by LouBaker [1162207] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100

Most-liked replies

LouBaker [1162207]

My FactionTree Simulator Broke today via the API data

Faction Tree Simulator, Offline Due to Updates | Tools & Users…

 

It didn't expect to find a new 

"branch": "Core"

at Branch ID 49

 

 

I don't know why slot 49 was used when there has been slot number 9 empty in the Core Branch for the last 4 years

 

Surly this would been the correct place it

 

Also this would be an easy fix for Me and Maybe Other Script/Coders 

 

 

Mentions: Faction Tree Simulator Down until further notice

Hemicopter [2780600]

On the frontend internally, its also 49, so is probably in the database now. I think that "edgecase" should be handled by you, or they could never release more core branches because the number space in the front is limited.

LouBaker [1162207]

Keeping the 9 Core branch’s together as 1 to 9 would make more sense

 

goto from 1 to 8 on the front end and then 49 at the end isn’t good API


I will be handling the new OC  Core myself

I just can’t see the logic to what they have done

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

This is intended, ID 9 is reserved for special branches. Core branches are not different from other branches. The last used branch was #48 for Escape, hence branch #49 was used for the new upgrade.

 

Thanks!

LouBaker [1162207]

No 9 is in the middle of the Core Branches and has been empty and not used for years

 

isn't the OC branch a special branch

 

So when you do get a special branch come up you are going to slap it in the middle of the Core Branches section

 

I knew you be dickheads about this

 

**** you all 

 

Staff edit:  Removed bypassed obscenity content

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You're not a developer for Torn. I referred this issue to the developer and they have confirmed to me that the ID is reserved for special cases, it will not be used for this branch just because you do not want to adapt your code to accept the correct value.

 

You're literally in no position to make any demands that make us change the backend database values. I referred this to the developer just in case this was an oversight, but it was not. Given your abuse, I am going to be even less reluctant to ask for changes of this nature in the future and just straight up ignore your requests demands.