Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn politics

Started by DJ4201987 [3107819] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 466 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DJ4201987 [3107819]

So I’m relatively new, yes I have 500 days, no I didn’t play them, made an account for my freind, I know them personally, they invited me, I made an account, didn’t play for like a year, but now I’m picking it back up Becuase it’s actually pretty cool.

But as a new player, no context, etc.

Torn seems to have politics, people beg for change, people cry when change, sometimes the same people, sometimes people that cause issues cry about issues. A lot of time people complain about staff, I don’t know if the complaints are fair or not, I’m new. All I know is people seem to love finding a thing or two to complain about, sometimes it’s fair, sometimes it’s not. I mean, to be fair, there’s about 10 admins I think, and that’s for the thousands of players in this game, managing balancing and reworks, I think their doing fine but I did just get here, I’m interested to see opinions from older more experienced players.

Shooby [2510470]

just read the forums.

 

Also did you just admit to breaking the rules?

"made an account for my freind, (rewards) but now I’m picking it back up"

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

You just described the human experience.  Welcome to adulthood.

 

Edit: it only gets worse from here, just wait until your body starts to hurt for no apparent reason...

Scuba [512975]

I took that to mean a referral bonus account.

 

OP: For every loud mouth on the forums there are dozens of players who amicably or quietly play. Plenty who lurk but don't comment, or those who comment but are drowned out by people wanting to improve the game through what they feel to be productive whinging (myself included). Play the game you want. If that means using the forums as a resource for relevant information and ignoring the drama and tears, that's probably going to be the best style of play for you. If you want to cry, meme it up, or whatever else, that's also seemingly relevant.

 

tldr; idk just play the game.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I would recommend changing your phrasing to "for my friend to get a referral bonus" (if this is what you meant... Otherwise, see you in fed! 💀)

 

As for the post, yep. Lotta politics. Torn is ostensibly a crime game but really it's a political intrigue simulator.

Abetting [2016807]

I mean its not that I don't believe you, it's just weird that being new you felt the need to explain that and insist you aren't a multi lol. No one was thinking it until you mentioned it

Awesome-O [2356036]

Well.... the referral states that for every 10 levels you get your friends get rewards.... your level 9 and 500 days

 

You must hate your friend