Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

QUESTION

Started by SterlingArcher [1590521] on in General Discussion.

36 replies · 626 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SterlingArcher [1590521]

Should your profile show how much real life money you've spent on the game? 

 

How many DPs you've bought?

 

How long you've been a subscriber?

Jinkoha [3372604]

I don’t think it should be any one’s business beside the person themselves to know how much money they spent on a game. 

Shooby [2510470]

They already specifically said they wouldn't add this, even just a personal stat that only you can see.

 

Reason being: seeing how much you've spent in one spot as a number value would or could deter people from spending more.

Diplomacy [2299387]

On a serious note, there was a guy on here who once spent what can only be described as an immeasurably unhealthy amount of cash on this game, so much so that he came out in forums to get help. If I remember correctly, this is the only case to do so, and they helped reimburse him for quite a good lot of it.

 

If that's the only person in 20 years that has come out in forums about it, I am hard-pressed to even imagine the amount of people that have done this before and remained silent.

 

And while I'm all for helping people, you can't help people who keep poking holes in their ship instead of finding an oar.

HolyFuck [3474044]

I don't want people to see that sh*t, but it is pretty obvious if you look at my networth graph, where when and how much ive bought. Can't imagine wanting to add the blue to your my name, it's not a flex...

 

edit: my

Aezur [1950769]

I'm wearing it now because I think it looks sick with the red decipticon award. And also, I'm not really ashamed of it. I got it over the course of about 2 years from spending $20 on DPs so I could buy prizes for my growing faction. Not everyone with it is a whale.

HolyFuck [3474044]

Context definitely matters. I was speaking for myself anyhow, getting pretty close to one and did not want it to go that far this quickly but I got sucked into the Auction House and the rest is history.. plus side I'm flush with gear!

 

Also, I can appreciate the touch of detail to the namebar XD

Shooby [2510470]

what gear? Curious the loadout someone spent almost a grand in half a year on equipment (assuming that's where it went given the context of your comment).

HolyFuck [3474044]

Nothing fancy, and I wish i could say that it all went into that haha becuase it'd be alot sicker if it did.  But i lost my shirt on several items because I didn't know a f***ing thing, mainly just bought whatever interested me to try out different bonuses.  The other sinks have been points, bought all the merits I could and one stupid reset.  I've given away a handful of rw weapons and donator packs to randoms or friends, and have about a bill left for the bank.

 

[image: iili.io]

Shooby [2510470]

I'd swap the Dune out for Riot when financially feasible. Dune is ass, the bonus doesn't do anything until you're already almost dead, where as riot will give you a constant buff against melee weapons.

 

Otherwise not too bad, as long as all the money didn't go into it, which you've explained it didn't. 

HolyFuck [3474044]

I mean I paid item market prices for everything so did get hosed a little but I'm happy with it.  Appreciate the advise 🙏 and not shaming me lol

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

The question I'd like to ask is why does it matter? Do people spend crazy amounts on this game? Sure... But does it change anything for you whether the stat is public or not?

 

Most likely the answer is no. People will still spend money to get ahead. A profile stat doesn't change that.