Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Paid training

Started by LeetCarbon [2801744] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 669 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

LeetCarbon [2801744]

How does it work?

 

How much does it cost? (Specifically int)

 

Are there any requirements from the trainee before they can receive trains?

Mong [3401450]

Usually about 400k per train most people sell in blocks of 100. So roughly 40m you pick a primary and secondary stat to train and off you go. 

Lantian [3029152]

Above is 100% correct. I bought a lot of trains before.

 

I would like to add that you should try to find a reputable seller on the trading forum.

 

Lot of people could and would scam you in a heartbeat.

 

Mong [3401450]

It'd be around 5k primary stat and 2500 secondary if you do 100. At least in the trains I've had. Not %100 sure if it's different in a 10* company I've never been in one.

Ygaria_Varr [2811829]

You aren't obliged to pay for trains. 

 

Plenty of company owners offer a bit less money per day and train for free on rotation.

 

Paying 40 mil for an unquantifiable rise in stats seems a bit much.

 

I've had three jobs I like and haven't paid for a train yet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

LeetCarbon [2801744]

I like my job, but would like a little more intelligence. It's an old account, but I haven't really played until the last few months

Ygaria_Varr [2811829]

Get free intelligence by finding education blocks that give it as an end result if you haven't done that already

 

40 mil seems like getting poorer to get cleverer 

Talin [3485561]

A train equals 50 in primary stat the 25 in secondary. Applies to any train. Jobs in a player owned company give daily stats in 2 stats and when you are trained, you get it in those two stats. 

 

Getting better work stats through free rotational trains and education courses just fine but it isn't fast and companies like it when you have more work stats. 

 

Education courses give a tiny amount of stats in comparison to paying for say, 5 trains a day. If you are more patient, education courses are fine for supplementing free rotational trains. 

 

Time is key here. Is your time worth more than the money? If time is more valuable, paying for trains is a perfectly justifiable expense. If money is tight, better to gain stats gradually then. Torn is a marathon, not a sprint.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

The whole point of paying for trains is to boost your stats quickly without having to wait for rotational trains. 

 

You're in the wrong thread.

Mong [3401450]

How the f is it unquantifiable I've literally just quantified it. 5k primary 2.5k secondary. Guy was asking about trains I told him about them I wasn't trying to sell them. 40m is roughly the price at almost any company 

TexasTuberTim [3069367]

You are level 20 with less than $500M networth.  Your money is better saved or spent on other things.  Everyone wants to get better sooner but some things just aren't worth the money depending on where you are financially.

 

If the 7 star adult novelty store you are in does not offer free rotational trains, I would consider looking at other options.  Getting a free EDVD every third day is pretty good financially but if your goal is work stat growth, there may be better options.

 

As a very general rule I tell newer players that free rotational trains >> job specials >> daily pay but it all depends on what you need to reach your goals in this game.  Work stats are ultimately what will increase opportunities and choices of jobs down the road.

 

 

Kaedynn [3253015]

When I ran my biz, I asked my employees if anyone wanted me to temp change their position to what ever position offered trains in the work stat they wanted to increase. So when I'd train, I'd change them to said position, train, then return them to their official position.  

 

It def helped everyone out. Ask your employer which position gives the highest int train gain and see if they'll place you there just for training each time. A great director wouldn't have issue with it as it takes 2 seconds to do and is helping their employees as well.  It does suck when stats are like 

M: 7k

Int: 30k

End: 21k

Etc, and ones position doesn't train in Man.