Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OC 2.0 Spawn Poll

Started by topace103 [2812566] on in General Discussion.

72 replies · 1.24k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

TexasTuberTim [3069367]

I am the leader of a new player focused faction with a decent amount of respect (500K) and one of our biggest issues with OC 2.0 has been the lack of available level 1 and level 2 OCs for our newest players to sign up for.

 

It appears as though this has been resolved with a spend of less than 2,000 respect.

 

As many posted above, time will tell...

 

I did not vote in your poll.

Chunky [3502730]

I organise the OC's for our faction and I do really like the change > Something needed changing as we were having 7-8 level 8 OC's spawn when at a push we can only fill one with 50-60 CSR people.

 

Maybe the change could have been implemented differently - and I expect it to be changed/balanced a lot over the coming months. This is at least a step in the right direction.

topace103 [2812566]

Honestly I can understand not voting in this poll. Even now my feelings on it have shifted. If I could change my answer I would go from Absolute Hate to Dislike. People in this thread and others have pointed out some good things about the new system. I still do not like that people who are can handle OC 6 and 3 cannot handle any of the others need to look for new factions or suffer doing crap OCs. However there is at least strategy to it. 

I should probably make a poll in a few months like this one asking how feelings have evolved as things are added and people become more used to the new system.

topace103 [2812566]

Really do not have to thank me. When trying to seriously poll torn this should be the bare minimum. Honestly, I probably should have had it on a 1-10 scale instead with 1 being absolute hatred and 10 being absolute love.

 

 I don’t get rigging serious polls. Just so people I have probably never met and probably never will meet can circlejerk me on the internet? What’s the point?

 

If the poll aligns with my line of thinking, great. If it doesn’t maybe people in the thread can change or adjust my point of view with new evidence and their experiences. If they don’t then I just keep my opinions. This isn’t politics. No reason to get tribal over it.

KJMTurbo [2733957]

It’s an update, it’s a positive in the right direction. It might not be how many of us would do it, but it’s new. Give it a chance. It’s all still in beta anyway: 

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

Having a poll for people's opinions, especially with so many options, is a bit pointless.

 

It would have been better to have a poll for potential alternatives.

 

People saying that they don't like something isn't at all constructive. Give examples if you want change.

Duke-Red_centre [308711]

It keeps spawning lv 8 crimes, we haven't completed a tr7 yet, and the low chances are putting people off. 

 

I think the requirements to complete a previous crime should have stayed as well so that factions who can complete them will move up, but if you can't complete a crime it is capped until you can complete it 

Anblick [2268363]

Pretty sure OCs spawned with scope points don't expire. 

 

Edit: apparently they do, but it's 7 days to expire, so with decent management, you should be able to keep them. 

 

As for the level 8 issue, we decided to put together a team to at least attempt them even though we don't have anyone that meets our 70 cpr goal. If we get lucky, it's awesome, if not, we'd have lost the crime anyway. 

PERK_Ryan [3356606]

I think this is definitely easily better than the old way. Is it perfect? Idk 🤷‍♂️  but before we had anout 30-40 members not able to participate unless they go for success rate 40-60. And now we have just 7. 

 

This at least makes it playable for factions that have a range of members 

lonerider543 [2173471]

Yeah, I did notice they are 7 days so that's somewhat better, but I think I'd still prefer to just keep the usual 3 days or whatever it was and have it refund the points. Give you a chance to re-roll if you don't get what you need at least.

 

Also, gotta love RNG

 

 

 

Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee

Do you think EIGHT response options is enough?  Some people might be on the fence between "I like it" and "I kinda like it".

Neliex [2857538]

After few days of using this I must say altho it brought something positive, it also brought negative. For example.

 

Now I can easily spawn level 1-2 for our new members which is great. At same time I spawn  ~10 lvls 3-4 while only getting 1 level 5 which I wanted. Also I wanted to get 1 level 6 which brought us 3 level 7 as well. 

 

As I see it we may get out of Scope for summoning new OC after some time unless we start doing all the ones that spawned although we didn't want them.

 

So question is, why everything needs to be RNG? Why not have special spawn for each level, so 10 branch perks in faction tree. Or possibility to remove the ones we don't want and getting Scope, or part of it, back in process.

ElektrikHeat [2840945]

to me it looks like it favors big factions with old players who did a lot of crimes, so they can do the high level 7's and 8 OC''s successfully,, and thats how they gain more of that thing we now use to make more spawns 

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

I get what you are trying to say here, but I disagree. 

 

With factions full of older, more experienced accounts, the old system probably worked well. As it would mostly spawn them lv7-8s automatically every time.

 

My faction has a mix, from greenleaf to "bigger" players. We basically have 2-3 constant teams in each of the 7-8 range, the rest of our members can't do those yet.

 

Yet our automatic spawns, are mostly 8s, some 7s, because 8 is the highest we did in the past week. This left little to no spawns for our lower members.

 

So this "fix" makes it possible to spawn OCs for all member sizes.

 

Is it perfect, no, but it at least gives mixed factions a chance to spawn OCs that are more fitting for each player.

 

The real "big" factions, have no need for this update, as spawning all lv7-8 OCs, works out to their benefit already. 

Runalf [2047589]

I get what you are trying to say here, but I disagree.

 

Big factions really needed this update because they don't want to do tier 1,2,3,4,5 crimes. 

We had weeks with a lot of 1,2,3 tier spawns which were really usesless. 

 

With the new mechanic we can just focus on 6,7 and 8 and yield much more income than before. 

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

That's pretty interesting. Before this update, we rarely got an OC below a 6, leaving a lot of our members waiting, and when anything smaller did appear,  it was filled instantly. 

 

If you were getting low lv ones that weren't needed, I rescind my statement.  This change is likely good for everyone. The RNG of the automatic spawn was apparently biased against everyone. 

Runalf [2047589]

Yeah I don't know what triggered spawning which tier crimes, but we got waves of low tier crimes, and waves of high tier crimes.

 

I agree the mechanism is an improvement for any faction.

 

Except maybe for factions who can do Tier 6 crimes but no tier 7-8 crimes as its a pretty big jump from tier 6 to 7/8. And they are combined in the same spawning tier.

Jorn [251329]

It's kinda trash how the crimes are divided in brackets of 3/4/5 and 6/7/8
The only level 5 and 6 crime is a 3 day, 3 man job. 
6 people can do a single 6 man job in 6 days. 
6 people can complete four level 5/6 crimes in 6 days. 
So teams within the 5/6 brackets need much more 5/6's to spawn than the current system gives them.

The new spawn system would actually work well if each spawn option only picked between 2 levels; 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8.

With the current brackets however, it's only good if your faction is either very heavy on teams capable of reliably doing 7/8, or if you are a newer faction primarly doing 3/4 and the occasional 5. you're out of luck if you fall in between the two. And as soon as you completely skip one of the levels that a bracket will spawn, you'll eventually run dry of scope as well. 

FlowerFly [2152032]

I totally agree with that. And i can understand it's in groups because the difference in points needed for spawning. But, it would be very nice if we can pick exactly the OC lvl we want to get.

Still should be possible to have a different amount points for different lvl's i think.