So I got kicked from my faction for low war parcipitaion. Funny, they had wars with caps, which I always achieved and termed wars which were optional that sometimes I didn't participate. Any way, I've been faction free for a week. It's been nice. No obligations. Just kinda do what you want. Kinda like being unemployed, but with money, Ha! I'll be looking for one at some point, but being free is kinda nice. Losing the perks sucks, but I guess it's all in how you look at. Anyway, Rock on!
Thoughts
Started by Shuman72 [2457482] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 19
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 19
- Likes on archived posts
- 85
- Authority score
- 37 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Shooby [2510470]
· 20 likes ·
My thought is that this should be in faction discussion, and that no one really cares. - Sheikh_Nutti [2892903]
· 4 likes ·
Another thread successfully hijacked by Dede's ‘Philosophy of the Week’ monologue. OP talks about getting booted from a faction, and somehow, we’re now deep into an existential crisis about cats vs. donkeys, Asian family dynamics, and the meaning of human … - DedeSiregar [2430598]
· 1 likes ·
Just buy a faction where you can enjoy the perks without the obligations and attachments that come with the perks. I have met a player who spent 4k days never joined a company nor other people faction. He is still …
My thought is that this should be in faction discussion, and that no one really cares.
It's much more relevant than threads about religious festivals.
Shooby in forums spamming ctrl+R
No need to slander our religion's festival. If you don't like it, then don't say anything about it. Simple as that.
You're absolutely crippling yourself being factionless, you can find one that isn't focused on war pretty easy. I'd check the forums in faction recruitment.
Factions are the heart of the game. Sorry you found a shit one, but plenty of great groups out there. I cannot see myself playing this game without factions. Like what would be the point in a social game to be alone? To have no greater vision to work towards together? No mutual vested interests in each others game success or friendly competition in improvements. To enjoy the perks we all worked together to earn, to face new challenges together, to share in the spoils of war together, share strategies with each other, etc.
Who asked?
True.
A week without faction perks is how everyone grows their stats efficiently...
Alright.
It’s a tough thing. I like to think that people who have issues with participating in a faction event would at least contact leadership and alert them to what is prohibiting participation. I can work with someone who keeps me informed. It gets a lot tougher when plenty of forewarning is given about the war and a member just doesn’t show up or say anything about it.
Sometimes you just gotta be where you're at! At the end of the day, it's a game and you got to play the way you enjoy.
Just buy a faction where you can enjoy the perks without the obligations and attachments that come with the perks.
I have met a player who spent 4k days never joined a company nor other people faction. He is still active and enjoy his game.
I actually understand how you feel. With my friends, I be very ashamed if I have nothing to offer or if I take morethan I do for them. But lately I wish to be a cat than a donkey.
A cat gets so much appreciation and affections just by existing. What does it do other than looking cute? Ppl will still feed them even when they are useless as f**k. A donkey has to break its back to get same things. Carrying heavy weight all day just so the humans will feed it.
And I wonder why some ppl are lucky to be a cat, while some have to be donkeys. IE sons (cats) vs daughters (donkey) in asian society.
Secondly, I think I don't actually need ppl for my needs. I don't care about what I wear or where I live irl, so you can imagine how little I care about things in torn like perks and shit. I am also often too busy to socialize, so popularity is not my thing either.
So why do some of us have to be donkey just to keep the cat people? May as well cut them all off. I keep wondering, do we need other people or society? For transactional things sure. But for other things? No.
Could use a bit more work on your Xanax intake.
Xanax Per/day
1.67
Another thread successfully hijacked by Dede's ‘Philosophy of the Week’ monologue.
OP talks about getting booted from a faction, and somehow, we’re now deep into an existential crisis about cats vs. donkeys, Asian family dynamics, and the meaning of human connection. What’s next, Dede? A soliloquy on why air resistance is a metaphor for emotional baggage?
We get it. Life is hard. Some people struggle. But maybe, just maybe, not every single discussion needs to turn into The Tragic Memoirs of DedeTheDonkey. Torn isn’t your therapist. OP is talking about faction dynamics, not whether society is a necessary construct. Maybe let someone else have a conversation for once without shoehorning in your latest essay on personal suffering. You must run your noob farms like a cult or something.
Half the time, you contradict yourself! ‘I don’t care about perks and shit, but also, life is unfair because some people are cats and others are donkeys and that makes me sad.’ So which is it? Do you care, or are you just here to make sure every thread eventually circles back to The Dede Chronicles?
The OP was just trying to chat about being factionless, and now we’re on a full-blown sociology lecture nobody signed up for.
Even Ana wasn't this bad, and that’s saying something. At least she kept her narcissism consistent. You? You’re like a broken record that skips between victim complex, fake wisdom, and predatory gameplay.
A squirrel lecturing a donkey. Just when I thought I've seen it all...
In western society, males have it lot lot more difficult. I always had to work for everything, had my creativity shunned, my ADHD not dealth with at young age, just left to figure things out. My idiotic sister, was offered psychologist and pills at age of 15, just because she asked for it. Had her university paid for out of all of mothers income. Not worked till 25. And the use of all her education? She went to work in a pub, then move with a rich male into a flat, who is gonna look after her further on.
I had to abandon country, build a business, support my family with said business (even sister), and I managed it by the age of 25 (when her world only just started).
Not trying to divert from the topic you started, but on this example, that is not unique, just showing how much easier female's have it in the majority of civilised world (take away muslim countries).
Not looking for counter-arguments describing beaten up, powerless women in toxic relationships, or general statement that women is weaker than man. Men get beaten by the society, die in wars, work hard psychical labour that kills them, statisticaly, men die quicker, because of the burdain and cross they wear, to preserve what they have built.
If I as a single male apply to rent a flat, they will prefer to pick a female over me every single time.
I hate to live in a society, where women get paid the same as men for jobs they do not contribute the same. Equlity is bullshit, its like communism, destroys your soul over time, and once the party is over and novelty wears off, everyone f*ks off to shit on something else, while only hard working people remain.
But I chosen different path. Villain's arc suits me better. I dont really hold much value to humans anymore, never more than myself. I run a business and I used to be soft and have my prices lower than they could be, now I max them to f*ck and if they dont' like it, they can go somewhere else. Trough all my struggle I forged myself into being better than them.
It doesnt matter who thinks they are cats and who are donkeys. To me, most of them are Donkeys that need milking. Its the way of life. Eat, or be eaten.
For sure wont be wondering who I am, neither donkey or a cat, but one who both fear.
HEY! I’m not a narcissist!
I can actually BACK UP my narcissism, because I actually have the skills to do so.