I just got promoted to a co-leader position, and I'm trying to find a good reference for how people are breaking down the winnings from wars. Is there a good rule of thumb or % to put away for Xanax and Meds. And should it be paid out per a hit or a % across the board of how much people contributed?
War funds allocation
Started by Luckey [156566] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Xerra [2775419]
· 5 likes ·
It's not tricky, mate. You just empty the faction balance and leave, then wait for the forum post calling you a wanka. - Lightor [2215463] Officer
· 1 likes ·
That's something you should coordinate within your faction and the leader. What works for one faction might not work for another. We don't know how much your faction spends on Xanax and Meds, do you value people doing hits or …
It's not tricky, mate.
You just empty the faction balance and leave, then wait for the forum post calling you a wanka.
That's something you should coordinate within your faction and the leader. What works for one faction might not work for another. We don't know how much your faction spends on Xanax and Meds, do you value people doing hits or their contribution %?
LOL yeah, These guys have been good to me. I took a long break from Torn and when I came back they took me in.
If you don't mind losing money here's what I did running a smol boi:
Flat $ per assist, OHit+2 prizes for best comms/effort in turtling (I paid 1m/500k/10 and 25m respectively, but this was back when RWs was released and caches were stupid expensive so choose numbers carefully)
Once I sold caches I'd subtract the flat payouts from the total price (I paid for the fac out of pocket), and that remainder I halved and paid out based on war report hits / respect (member/total*this halved amount) added together, flattening all bonus hits to be 10 res so they weren't being overpaid (also rounding to the nearest 500k cuz f**k wacky numbers)
Not a perfect system (often OHits and assists were overpaid, esp in a loss lol) and I ended up losing money on most wars (my pay ended up being what the fac took to cover expenses most of the time lol) but I found it enough to encourage both high and low stat assholes to participate and do what they can most of the time :) sure it can be abused but by paying out (usually) more than what came in morale was kept high even on wars where we were getting bodied (those wars I would just pay everyone a flat 25m iirc as a thank you for being hosp'd for a couple days lol, there was only a handful, most of the time we were able to stay competitive at least)