grave :/
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 52 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- SeaLion [250755]
· 8 likes ·
Basic high-low game, 52 card deck, ties are a push, shuffled every 15 turns. Following basic strategies you have about a 75% chance every turn to guess correctly, not 50%. You need to guess correctly 25 times, and I was … - ChromeMono [3433724]
· 8 likes ·
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure your odds are higher than 50/50 each time. If the dealer shows a king, you don't have a 50/50 chance, you have a really good chance of getting lower. Ditto if the …
Mentioned in this thread
Mistral [2717731] ×1
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure your odds are higher than 50/50 each time. If the dealer shows a king, you don't have a 50/50 chance, you have a really good chance of getting lower. Ditto if the dealer shows another polar card, like a 3. It's still really unlikely to get 25 in a row, but I don't think it's in the hundreds of thousands of attempts lol
Then again, I'm not a math whiz, please correct me if I'm wrong
I don't know the answer, but you can have a Lollipop if you want...
Mentions: Mistral [2717731]
Yes, your odds are generally much better than 50/50
Is not 50%, and the odds improve as the deck gets thinner, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not entirely sure if the deck is kept for a bit or if it's reset on every turn.
I just used all my casino tokens in the high low on $10 hands for like 3-4 days i dont remember exactly how long and got it. I dont think i got particularly lucky and i can equip the honor if you dont believe me
the deck is shuffled when it runs out so theoretically you could count the cards
Pretty sure youre basis should be 8 not 7
Its kept for a bit, shuffled every few turns. I dont remember for H/L specifically but many of the casino games use multiple decks so the advantage of card counting is minimal
Basic high-low game, 52 card deck, ties are a push, shuffled every 15 turns.
Following basic strategies you have about a 75% chance every turn to guess correctly, not 50%. You need to guess correctly 25 times, and I was trying just now I got to 24 within 4 attempts but I got the merit several years ago.
P(25 wins)=(0.75)^25
So you have .075% chance of this happening, aka within 1,329 attempts.
Just choose lower when the dealer has 8+, and higher when the dealer has 7-.
Easy merit $10 bets, and you can prob get within a week or two of trying.
Give it a few weeks for the merit, a few months for the math courses.
With the TornTools script, which hides the higher or lower button and centers it, I got the merit in a few minutes
Yeah maths is wrong, idk if there's a specific formula to work it out but your odds will change constantly.
A round where you start with an Ace will always be better odds to win on than a round that starts with a 7.
Wait til OP finds out about the Slots merit...
Observational bias =/= Statistics... Just because you got it in a few minutes doesn't mean everyone will.
wait no way torntools does it, i just made the same thing 🥲
what do you do when the card is 7
good tips, i will try it later
cry
Am I doing my math wrong?
Yes. The odds are higher than 50/50. This is right in your screenshot: