Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nerd or Hero?

Started by _-_ [1718799] on in General Discussion.

43 replies · 742 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
44
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

_-_ [1718799]

I've been wondering how the world sees torn...

 

So to answer that question, I thought i'd ask you all how your friends/family/closest pets think about your absolute love-adorned obsession with this Text B i ased RPG.

 

Do they see you as an Otaku (おたく)? or do they admire the sheer effort you put in, dedicating your precious life force to aiding in the ranked wars that get you the ultimate prestige...

 

My wife is including torn in our divorce papers, which i'm sure will be through any day now as she asked me to whisper dirty things in her ear, to which i leaned over and whispered:

 

"Torn GD Board when a surge of new players sign up"

Mr_Alien [2221091]

My partner thinks it's ridiculous that I'll wake up at 3AM to pop a Xanax. So, take that for what you will. If there's any motion for a breakup, it's because I'm checking Torn during our netflix time. 

 

 

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

The nerds I know think it's cool that I've played this game so long. Normal people I don't bother telling as it takes to much explaining...

 

"What do you mean you are on 3 xanax a day!"

 

f**k em...

Soph-Cunningham [2115907]

Everywhere I go in the "rl", I wear my Torn College hoodie from the merch store. People ask me where the hell that college is and I tell them it's online.

 

I talk so much about Torn in my day to day life that people I know think it's a real f**kin place.

 

If I am on my phone at work the management tells me to get off of Torn and get to work.

 

I interact more with people of Torn than I do with people of "rl" on any given day.

 

When I die I want my ashes digitized and tossed out into the waters down at the docks.

 

I am pretty sure people see me as an utter waste of space.

_-_ [1718799]

you're missing a trick by not printing business cards with your referral code on them, or better still, create a QR code of your URL and shove it on the back of your hoodie!

 

Marky_ [2178899]

My sister asked me if Torn was illegal when i first told her about it, given the drugs and weapon discussions, i think she still believes it's dodgy 🤣

Callaghan [1316121]

 

Look at that subtle off-white colouring.... The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God... it even has a watermark.

Overseer [2143302]

Most of my family barely knows about it, my mom tried to play, never played much and wasn’t very good. I found out sometime after she passed that she most likely had made a multi, probably because she forgot her password or something. Its funny to me, just because of how insignificant both accounts are.

JustGrey [3224569]

No one in my family knows what Torn is or that I even play it, they just notice my apparent cellphone addiction and just assume I'm chronically online. Which is not a lie afterall

Oook [2559571]

My wife hates it when I apparently talk to imaginary friends....and when alerts go off for things like full E or flights......or spending hours at a time in RW.....