Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat2.0 Missing Messages

Started by Defiance6410 [2215909] on in General Discussion.

20 replies · 313 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Defiance6410 [2215909]

I had two windows open at the same time - after I posted asking for my balance I noticed that the two windows showed different chats.

Whenever we're in a RW, I'm used to my chats not loading at all. For a non-high volume time to have faction chat on the same device, at the same time, on two different windows to show different logs -- reminds me why I love discord.

 

I redacted names in case someone doesn't want their messages linked to them. No one posted anything confidential or against torn rules - just a choice.

[image: i.postimg.cc]

 

 

edit: before people start saying it is, this isn't a complaint - I got a good laugh at this. Laugh of acceptance and frustration. For any important messages, we use discord. 

Also not posting to Bug Reports since the devs are likely still working on fixing and improving chat2.0.

Nykyrian [2360861]

I have noticed when someone sends a message via chat 2.0, it will not come in until I close the browser and reopen it. It may be a cache issue, or it very well may be a bug. At any rate, it is exactly why we use discord

Cheb [876657] Reporter

I'm assuming the device on the right was a browser tab that had been left open on a sleeping device or tab went to sleep between 10:00 and 15:02 before you returned back to it, that is what would cause this issue. the screenshot on the left would be from a device where the page had recently been refreshed and showing all messages. after navigating on screenshot 2's device the chat should have fixed itself. (I have this happen and this is the cause 100% of the time for me)

Defiance6410 [2215909]

Same device (gaming PC).  Turned computer on earlier in the day - both of those windows were opened within 10 seconds of each other. Torn had been closed prior to that.  Screenshot was taken a few minute before posing this.  It's just a broken chatbox.

Defiance6410 [2215909]

Yeah, but even if I close the other windows, or the browser entirely, the old messages rarely come back.
The messages are always there on my phone - even with multiple tabs open in the app. It's just when playing it on the web as the game was designed to do. It's sad, but expected at this point.

 

I currently have a couple dozen people messaging me a day and I'll see the box open up but no new message. Go to my phone - there it is!

Eva [1635737]

Maybe someone should make a new chat UI with mails as a backend at this point, this chat still sucks

JayBragga [1874267]

Chat is horrible! It's always disappearing whole conversations and glitching out hard. They promised so much, when this change was made. Still seems like it was made in the 90's lol Like AOL or the old-school Yahoo chats. >.<.

Pinguux [2331130]

Msn and AOL 🤣🤦

 

God your making me feel old..

 

Also I find it when I go from my WiFi to my mobile data, if Im typing and post in-between or close I have to retype everything out 🤷

 

Chat 3.0 will be our saviour, also can we have group messages? 🥺🤞