Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Captcha

Started by BLAST [309230] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 19 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
BLAST [309230]

 

I've been hit with Captcha daily, dating back to February. Even whle actively on Torn, and reading forum, as soon as  move to next page I get hit with another captcha. I can get it check for bot usage abuse, but even 2-5 mins to re-enter is a bit annoying. 

 

Please help with suggestion on how to resolve?

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

The information pertaining to this is already provided in the FAQ section next to the captcha. Unfortunately, the nature of these checks aren't something that we can make public. These checks will come up if the system detects suspicious, excessively repetitive or automated activity. These will be dropped once system learns about your behavior.

 

I can get it check for bot usage abuse, but even 2-5 mins to re-enter is a bit annoying.

 

That seems a bit of an over exaggeration, the frequency of the captcha is once every 2 hours or once every 30 mins for extreme cases. Based on your logs, you are not doing captcha more frequently than this.

Thanks!

BLAST [309230]

Thanks for reviewing log, you will notice that’s there are few instance where there has been captcha back to back. Right after doing one if I switch screen to do something else and come back to browse somewhere else it does pop right back up. If you need screenshot for me to back up that claim I can do that.

 

Thanks