Good Evening from the UK again, St3lla here.
TL:DR: Was sent an email on Torn. Is this a scam? Just wanna protect fellow noobs.
Just got this exciting email sent to me, hoping it was the regular pre-war faction newsletter. It wasn't. My hopes were drained.
Anyhow, I'm always dubious when it comes to any kind of offering in this game. As I was told as a green leaf, if its free or looks good, its probably not, and stay far far away. Can anybody with reasonable proof vouch for this service? 1 Million is a lot of money when you have nothing.
Just want to look out for fellow noobs, I didn't think this post was a good idea, probably gonna get called a crazy anxious bot. I'm all ears :)
One Love <3
-St3lla
Potential Scam?
Started by St3lla [3586613] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 52 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 55 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Beerstein [1322136]
· 19 likes ·
Yes scam. Just report to staff and move on. Besides, all the real criminals are using Signal and inviting press these days.
Yes scam. Just report to staff and move on. Besides, all the real criminals are using Signal and inviting press these days.
pee on it
Yeah telegram and kik bots are where the real Torn profit is hiding.
Ask them how many players have access to the bot and how it compares to other similar offerings like Torn Pal...
I have a secret for you: there is no bot.
Its scam.
Why don't I get these kinda messages... :(
The way people are trying to make this game an irl business for them is absolutely wild ngl
If its a scam why you painting the name
Just got this exciting email sent to me, hoping it was the regular pre-war faction newsletter. It wasn't. My hopes were drained.
relatable tho 😂😂
Yeah its a scam even if its not a scam i think no one is stupid enough to put their item on their bazaar for -%10 market price
Edit: "eve" -> "even"
pretty sure only scammers use telegram anyway, Torn or no
People do list for well below 10% all the time, the idea behind the bot being advertised is a very real thing and there's a lot of them out there.
That being said, I don't know what telegram is but that mail very much reads like a scam regardless of the service. Gives off Nigerian prince energy.
Def a scam, i'd believe it if it was a discord bot and even then i wouldn't pay for it cause who cares about that shit.
Mate's trying to get you to pay 1mil to get you off torn/disc to go on a random chat messaging app that only sussy foreigners use to probably scam you further. Block but share the name!
Definitely weird that telegram is involved and not just discord. I do mentally associate things like telegram and whatsapp with scams a bit, ngl.
if i were to get a mail or chat advertising for a bot or alert service like that, generally I would not really consider it. I'd do research first on what solutions are most commonly used, and their costs.
I kind of think an ask of $1M ... isn't a big amount, so the price itself doesn't scream "scam" to me, and I know developers try to earn torn cash for their efforts & skills with bots etc, so doesn't sound unheard of. But the Telegram thing is weird and I'd just do more research before paying for any kind of service.
If a player has donator status, they are able to pretty easily send a lot of mails in a short time period---- so a scammer really could send out big spam waves, and even if it's just asking $1M and they message enough players, I guess it could bring in a few million but it just seems like serious scammers would target a bigger payday.
perhaps though the effort is minimal to send a huge wave of copy/pasted mails, so potential scam profits could be higher. Not saying that it isn't a scam! just sounds like a not very lucrative one if it is one.
Weird I just get direct messages when bazaars are about to open with super low prices
Scammers and drug dealers since Kik went to shit yeah 😂
I concur.