Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Search for cash crime causing browser bugs

Started by Systoned [3583736] Reporter on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 114 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Systoned [3583736] Reporter

Title: 'Search for Cash' crime causes browser lag / page fails to load

Description:
When attempting to access the Search for Cash crime under the Crimes page, the browser either lags heavily or the page fails to load altogether. This issue occurs consistently and only affects this specific crime type — all other crimes load and function as expected.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Go to the Crimes page.

  2. Click on 'Search for Cash'.

  3. Observe the browser response — either the page becomes unresponsive or fails to load properly.

Expected result:
The crime options and interface for 'Search for Cash' should load normally and allow interaction.

Actual result:
The page hangs or becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it does not load at all.

System details:

  • Device: Mac

  • Browser: Chrome (latest version)

  • Tried in incognito: Yes

  • Cache cleared: Yes

  • Issue persists across sessions: Yes

Additional notes:
This appears to be isolated to 'Search for Cash'. No issues encountered with other crimes.

Screenshots below show me using the arrow keys to cycle back to search for cash. however the problem also exists if clicking search for cash from the main hub

[image: snipboard.io][image: snipboard.io]

[image: snipboard.io]

BypXByp [3243346]

Every crime page is a lagfest for me, I have to clear cache daily, PITA but "clear cache" is all they say and never make an effort to fix it.

Kwack [2190604]

You have scripts injecting into this page - does it happen in incognito?

 

I can namely see the crime morale script (the one that does the scamming predictions), and there may be others.

Systoned [3583736] Reporter

Yup , tested it without the scripts and same thing, id put the scripts back one before i did the screenshots

But everything is cleared and clean and still occurs!

Kwack [2190604]

Cheers Systoned, exactly what I was looking for then.

 

To CJ and devs - we've seen several reports of this over at PDA. Assumed it was something the app was somehow causing, but if it's occuring on chrome macos I assume it's gotta be something else. 

 

I can start sending em here if it helps? I've never been able to reproduce anything on both chrome mac and android/ios PDA so unsure what's causing issues here

Swedish [3223361]

I got this issue as well on regular Chrome, all other crimes work fine. I think it worked fine like two  hours ago, but then all of a sudden the chat 3.0 started to become really slow, together with the rest of torn, and after that searching for cash also just froze like in the screenshot above. I can still scroll up and down on the page, I just can't click anything other than closing the tab. I can also go back in the browser, but I have to do it enough times that it gets away from torn, then I can go forward again to the pages I visited ahead of search for cash... 

 

I did turn off chat 3.0 and clear my cache and that didn't fix it.

 

The page works on my phone also in chrome, and it does work on PC in incognito mode.

Edit:
Turned off TornTools and all my tampermonkey scripts and then it worked, turned them on again, and it still works.

Oceane [3148330]

Anyone here running the Disposal JARVIS script?

 

For me that was causing the response from https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=crimesData&step=crimesList&rfcv=xxxx with typeID: 1 (search for cash crime id!) to be blank, cycle through the rest of the crimes, typeID: 2,3,4,5 etc and the JSON block is in the response. 

 

Same symptoms, hanging search for cash page, looked like the screenshot in the first page. 

 

Also when disabling the script, open a new browser tab and go back to torn, don't bother refreshing an existing tab. 

 

I've only narrowed it down to the disposal script as I've now edited that script, I've got search for cash back and color coding on disposal still works but disabling the updateDisposalHeader() function calls in the JARVIS script. 

Oceane [3148330]

Disable tamper monkey/grease monkey and open a refresh tab and try again. 

 

It wasn't torn tools for me but a disposal script looping trying to change an element and killed the search for cash page. 

 

Open a fresh tab each time when you re-enable your scripts one by one. 

Swedish [3223361]

Ah I had something called like "Disposal JARVIS" in my tampermonkey scripts, and I didn't reactivate it when I reactivated my scripts. So maybe that.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

To confirm, you are reproducing the issue without any of the scripts mentioned in this report, right? Seems like most players have resolved the issue by turning off their scripts.