What do you think about the game's depth and replayability? I really hope the dev rides the momentum and keeps building on this because there's alot of potential here if the updates keep coming.
About this thread
Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 4
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 6 / 100
- Historical score
- 8 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 42 / 100
I think it's pretty good. I'm hopeful for its expansion and continued expansion, seems like it can go pretty far and there are lots of evidence in-game that it can be expanded especially with the population and buildings. I'm kind of worried that it'll go too far and turn into basically GTA with drugs though.
One major thing that I think can be improved is to add in a good reason to continue making money as fast as possible daily. Currently there doesn't seem to be an urge because there's no daily expenses at all unless its your cheap workers. I think there are aspects that could be more competitive, so that there's urgency and a need to more efficiently produce your drugs.
Also the unique drugs system could definitely use work. Maybe if you've discovered a combination, it allows you to enter into the mixing machine the combo of effects you'd like and you just have to input the correct ingredients. Currently looking at your products list is a massive pain.
I'm currently 24hrs into it with the Bungalow house now and just hired a worker to start mass producing for the 2nd dealer available. My current strategy has been to mass produce the last 2 base weeds with PGR (enhancing yield) and allocate them to the auto-dealers to sell. Otherwise you lose out on a lot more profit if you don't sell your high-end strains yourself.
Thoughts?
I just started getting the warehouse set up, but honestly, I generally just find one mix type to make, and just use that to sell. There are only a few cases where I can't sell "jars" to people, but like 95% of the time, I can sell 1 jar to a person regardless of the "type". Is it the most efficient? probably not, but I can scale up operations fairly quickly so it isn't much of a barrier. Like you said, there isn't a ton of "upkeep" so as long as you scale upwards, efficiency isn't that much of a requirement.
Plus I find it tedious going through the different types etc.
I think they could ride the train pretty decently. I don't see this getting anywhere near a GTA style game, but certainly plenty of room for expansion, including other maps.
Totally agree there’s definitely a strong foundation here, and the city layout really hints at future expansion. I see what you mean for it to turn in to a "GTA" if it leans too hard into open world chaos. Hoping the dev keeps the focus more on strategy, management, and that unique underground empire feel it’s carving out.