Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Alt accounts

Started by BxE_BasedGarett [2743953] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 167 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
BxE_BasedGarett [2743953]

What is the best way to determine if someone is using alt accounts? I’ve ran into a faction who seems to have taken on an abundance(20+) of sub 10 day old accounts. And the same accounts having ownership of companies also full of sub 10 day old accounts. I know it could be legit and I don’t want to report anything without good reason.  The whole situation just seems strange and I’ve not ran into it before. 

e7cf09 [3441977]

Report them, see if they get fedded.

 

Staff encourages you to report if you find something suspicious, even if you’re not sure whether they broke the rules.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

It's called running a cache farm, recruit a bunch of noobs, join a RW, collect caches, kick everyone out. Profit.

 

Rinse and repeat. 

Trailblazer [2926943]

Never be afraid to report if it seems suspicious and/or borderline. Worst case scenario nothing happens, but it's better to report and clear it than not report it and it be something. 

That said, a lot of noob traps recruit aggressively and run companies for said recruits (I would know as my first faction did this to some extent before I left) so they might just be newer members roped along in a recruitment wave.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Every time my Bronze buddies come to me to look into a faction they're up against, they've won their war by default bc the entire other side was fedded 

 

Best to go with your hunch and smash that report button