Bad news friends, we've been getting scammed with the gold eggs so far. This is a critical bug that we must have fixed ASAP.
If you don't have eyeballs the above image says, "Effect: Permanently increases all battle stats by 1% and booster cooldown by 6 hours." which is the description of the Gold Egg.
The issue: as the effect clearly states, the gold egg PERMANENTLY increases booster cooldown by 6 hours. It also mentions battle stats which is a nice secondary perk, but obviously they decided to save the best for last when listing the +6h perm booster CD increase.
At first I thought that probably I just don't understand grammar. And in the past I would have left it there. However these days AI exists and they honestly understand grammar better than I do so I decided to ask Copilot what this sentence meant. I was blown away when Copilot confirmed that I was right. We should be getting 6 extra hours of booster cooldown permanently when using the Gold Egg.
Here is the proof from the AI:
"Effect: Permanently increases all battle stats by 1% and booster cooldown by 6 hours." this statement describes the effect that you get from an item in a game. Grammatically speaking would it be accurate to say that this item increases booster cooldown by 6 hours permanently. If the word permanent is not supposed to apply to the booster cooldown would you need to add a comma somewhere or other punctuation?
Great question! The current statement could be interpreted as both effects being permanent. If the intention is for only the battle stats increase to be permanent, you would need to add punctuation to clarify this. Here are two options:
Using a comma:
- "Effect: Permanently increases all battle stats by 1%, and booster cooldown by 6 hours."
Using a semicolon:
- "Effect: Permanently increases all battle stats by 1%; booster cooldown by 6 hours."
Both options clearly separate the two effects, indicating that only the battle stats increase is permanent.
Does this help clarify things? 😊