Every attack I've done vs the bunny so far has had over 100 people, many of which attacked multiple times. Since the bunny is being attacked at loot level 1 that means there's only one item dropping... A possible solution would be to make the bunny come out of hosp at a higher loot level.
Easter Bunny Availability
Started by Hemigidius [2157705] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
R+
Remove eggs from the fkers loot pool too while we're at it, hundreds of people attacking, thousands of e wasted just to see 1 person get an egg... and this is a good thing?
For an NPC that's only available during a very limited time slot, it's pretty crap.
Yes pls
The bunny only getting attacked like 12 times a day so making them loot level 4 or 5 permanently would be nice to give everyone a better chance at some loot.
R+
R+
R+++
I don't think that will be possible. The Easter Eggs should only ever be dropped throughout the duration of the Easter Egg Hunt. It doesn't make sense for him to drop eggs outside of this event. I can see he's being attacked 12 times each day now, mainly restricted by his hospital time.
I would be happy to consider other ideas, especially if they align with future NPC changes I have in mind. For example...
- All loot available at all loot levels across all NPCs (but lower chance of receiving the best loot at lower levels).
- Loot levels replenish quicker I.e. Perhaps 3-4 hours to achieve level V.
- NPCs receive less hospital time after being looted, although they wouldn't have recovered much life by 20-30 mins.
My vision has always been for smaller attacking groups, I.e. groups of friends, or members of a faction, to occasionally group up and attack these NPCs in teams of perhaps 20-30 rather than hundreds in one big single group involving anybody in the community. However we've always found ourselves increasing their life, stats, and the group attack size, to cater for the latter scenario. I'd eventually like to find a way to steer things back towards something closer to the original plan - I expect faster loot timers would be a good start.
Thanks for the reply! I'm sure we can work something out here.
While I understand your original vision for NPCs, I don't think you can make it work the way you'd love it to, you won't get small groups of 20-30 people unless you limit joins to that, people will just call on others and plan large coordinated attacks like it's currently done.
Being attacked 12 times a day now is because of the change, and people have FOMO due to the tiny window of availability, after the initial level 5 fight on day 1, with 350 people in the fight, something like 200 of them never really bothered joining again because the felt the event NPC was ruined with the changes, sure we get over 100 per fight still, but thats just egg hunters really.
What if you were to have Bunny available for the full month, 1-17th with no egg loot then 17th-23rd with eggs, and the remaining time after the egg hunt event is no-egg loot again? 2 drop tables so to speak. With Easter Holidays many are missing out because they're busy with family or on holiday and can't get online. People really want to try get that Egg Launcher and Suit.
Loot levels replenish quicker I.e. Perhaps 3-4 hours to achieve level V
This may work, could trial it.
Some thoughts below on the rest:
I personally would like to suggest removing levels 1-5 outright and just having ALL of the NPCs just drop 4 or 5 pieces of loot each.
Remove hospital timers from them, have them go into a sort of "dormant mode" as you now have that system in place, for Lore purposes you could say they are unavailable at certain times of the day due to being in their "safe zone" like Leslie in the Casino office, Duke in his Loan shark building, and we can hit them when they leave for "breaks" or something. just a random headcannon i had.
What about one normal item. and a couple of eggs as a secondary tier list or something?
Edit: For example, bunny nose, goodie bag (maybe add drug pack or something to the loot options too) as the main loot per level, and then 2 people get eggs (per loot level). Bunny suits and Egg launchers should still keep their rareness though in the loot chances.
Obvious solution: more Easter bunnies
I think out of all the solutions and ideas that have come up, this one makes the most sense in terms of implementation/feasibility. While I think changing the Easter Bunny's mechanics and not changing the other NPCs would be contradictory, giving the EB some special status effect or something during the easter event could be a way to get around that. Like loot proportional to drops or dependent on weapons/clothing like candy drops in the halloweek event.
So, you have one of those rare things that connects people across all faction/other boundaries, and you want to get rid off that?
Nowhere in torn do you have this kind of mix of people that do something together, it seems like a shame to just get rid of that.
I understand that there was a original goal, but jesus, throw that shit away and embrace the unique mechanic/situation or whatever you would want to call what npcs and the community around them are.
naive
People are doing this to themselves, it'd be an odd thing to fix.
Love the idea of small group ones be it through something like a faction mission giver or whatever, but then they'd probably need isolated targets that only they can see/attack. There are just too many players in torn now to do it any other way.
Welcome back, hope you had a nice vacation!
So, you have one of those rare things that connects people across all faction/other boundaries, and you want to get rid off that?
At no point did I say I wanted to get rid of that.
I don't think you can make it work the way you'd love it to, you won't get small groups of 20-30 people unless you limit joins to that, people will just call on others and plan large coordinated attacks like it's currently done.
The trick would be balancing the loot levels so that small opportunist groups (I.e. in factions) would occasionally snipe an NPC before they reach loot levels deemed 'optimal' by the larger group/s fighting him. But yes, perhaps that is simply too difficult to effectively balance, and maybe the meta is so fixed now, that ship has sailed.
I don't like how currently it's all so orchestrated, and how many people are involved at once - I see a lot of potential, more than just fairly mindless scheduled spam clicking as a single enormous group, but I don't quite know how to achieve that outside of 'instanced' fights.
The problem here is that trying to make "instanced" fights or locking them in other ways wouldn't really work in my honest opinion, and unfortunately any system you try to fix will inevitably get min/maxed, that's just human nature in games.
I'm happy to work with you to test stuff out, feel free to DM/Mail me anytime, I've been running the NPC side of the Community for something like 5 years (before the Loot Rangers Discord was created it was done in other discords), and I interact with tons of NPC-fighting players daily in Discord, we're the largest Torn group in the Game.
This Issue is a tough one to fix for sure, I just want it to be fair for all, alot of "new" players join in with us and have fun, and I wouldn't like to see them being left out due to changes, alot of people are worried about the change to loot levels and what this may mean for the future.
You have a ton of players loving the PvE side of things and I'd love to see it grow, the community around NPCs is massive.
Side note:
Perhaps you could create a new "NPC committee" group to help you work on ideas and test things? This would be completely seperate to staff/standard committee so you shouldn't have any risk of sensitive data being leaked.
How about this.. don’t have scheduled loot level increase
randomise it
then these dorks can’t wait for their discord bot to tell them when to click
for Easter bunny remove the eggs outside the hunt times, and make it a month long