Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

SED parcel issues

Started by C0rvus [2655668] on in Bugs & Issues.

23 replies · 156 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

C0rvus [2655668]

I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled. Tried with TornTools disabled as well. 

I can't add a SED to a parcel. Keeps telling me you need to disguise it. Used to do the wrapping after adding the SED. 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Are you picking the item to disguise the SED as? That is not an optional step, you need to pick an item.

C0rvus [2655668]

I used to just add the sed to an empty box. Then choose what to disguise it as. Now it says 

You need to select disguise item!


But I don't see that option. I am using my mobile. 
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Are you using any scripts to bypass confirmations? Looks to be working fine for me:

 

Flak [2091491]

Just tried myself, brave browser on phone, Mobile and desktop view works for me. Pc browser too.

Corvus and another member reporting the same issue. I'll go poke him to add more info for ya. 

C0rvus [2655668]

I don't get that drop down menu. None such scripts either. Thanks though. Will check on my laptop tomorrow. My faction leader has the same issue. Was trying to assist him 

Dream [2847956]

Same issue here. Turned off all my scripts and extensions and refreshed. Still did not get the drop down for item disguises.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

May be a phone issue, I'm not seeing the same behavior on Google Pixel 6 Pro on either Torn PDA or Firefox with Torn Tools.

 

Firefox with TT enabled:

 

 

Torn PDA:

 

 

 

Unrelated & not a bug:

 

I did get a weird error message after wrapping up the SED in Firefox and then trying to wrap up apparently the same SED in PDA though 🫠 (unrelated and not a bug I don't think, just a cache conflict on PDA)

 

 

While we're here can we move Small Explosive Device to the top of the list bc I'm not exactly the world's most devious SED hider

Kwack [2190604]

This isn't a caching thing - packing a parcel is using the empty box item. You've loaded up both pages at once, which means you've tried to use the same empty box twice.

 

The XID is in the URL itself

KeepMustard [2278596]

not getting the dropdown on chrome - pc
tried with all extensions off and it didnt matter, unable to select what to disguise the SED as

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Aha, this is happening because of the PHP8 update that is currently being rolled out and is only present on one of pods on production. This is why the issue seemed random, because it only manifests if you are on the updated pod.

 

I will ask Pavel to check this issue.

 

Thanks!

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Perhaps the pod/server number could be added to the webpage screen right at the top and not just be in the user button drop down so these types of issues could be found more easily? Could make the number colored by number of users online or something too. Could be helpful for QA reporting :)