Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Rollback

Started by TheGreatSkeeve [2893463] Reporter on in General Discussion.

52 replies · 1.57k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Pakliuvom [1676337]

Sorry boss, I didn't realize you asked that question a few days ago...

 

The time on mine is 11:18:00. Thats interesting that's they're all different, so, like you said, definitely in batches.

 

Edit: My first account was deleted too. I registered on Torn City the first time I read it mentioned on Hobo Wars. I don't think I ever went back to Hobo Wars after my first time here. It's crazy to think that was over twenty years ago.

Jorn [251329]

lmao. Meanwhile I don't have time traveller nor any of the 'noob' merits xD

At least as the years go by the less and less that 1 extra merit actually matters.

SabinevonSteyn [2616736] Wiki Contributor

Maybe once someone manages to get all merits/medals except time traveller Ched will do something, but before that I think it's unlikely.

kibby [1694579]

im guessing you had to log in during the rollback time because I don't have the merit and my account is pretty old :(

SmileyTHFK [3346841]

Just saw this thread and crushed my dreams of someday getting them all. Now I gotta create a real time machine and go back to 2012 to stop younger me from moving to Kansas to avoid the Mayan calendar apocalypse AND tell me to stop being a loser and start playing Torn!

Macroflation [1962321]

You figured everyone needs to hear your stream of consciousness so you needed to bump a thread that's been dead for a month to post about the Mayan calendar and Kansas?

USA [2588766]
  1. Find a dupe glitch
  2. Dupe a million donator packs and distribute them
  3. Enjoy your rollback before you get banned
themainman [1629262]

Oh is that that time of year for me to equip the time traveller honour bar? 

 

Well if you insist 

 

11:25:55 - 24/04/25 You changed your displayed honor bar to Time Traveller

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It's become a problem because it's virtually unattainable with all safeguards in place now to prevent it.

 

We've worked very hard to reduce the likelihood, but I wouldn't go that far. Assuming Torn is to last many decades longer, it's statistically more likely it'll happen than not. There are plenty of things that could force us to roll back to a recent backup (which are made twice-daily).

- A hack resulting in corruption/deletion of data (I.e. Via injection) which is too difficult to manually restore (the most likely scenario)

- Critical hardware failure resulting in the loss of database data (unlikely, but not unheard of with AWS)
- Accidental unintentional update of production data by a developer (difficult to do, but not impossible)
- A bug or exploit introduced which causes too much harm before it's fixed (I.e. a game-wide infinite-money glitch)


The day we make Time Traveler available through other means, is the day one of these things happen.

 

When we inevitably face this ordeal one day, I’ll take comfort in knowing players can look forward to the ‘Time Traveller’ award - a bit of positivity that will soften the blow after a lot of downtime and losing up to a day's worth of progress, if we're unlucky.