Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Raiding for extortion??

Started by Funko [2594205] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 613 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Funko [2594205]

Is this actually a thing? Do people raid smaller factions to extort them for money? Seems like a bit of a low thing to do?

The Inc family of factions apparently do it all the time, can't say agree with this tactic.

 

All kinds of people to make the world go round is what I tell myself, but I feel like these guys need some Karma thrown their way.

 

https://imgur.com/a/mKRpK4O

 

Apparently Witch's Sanctuary need to pay them 500mil to make it stop? Seems like a super oppressive tactic, that I also don't agree with. Thoughts? 

Shooby [2510470]

they're spending over 500m worth of energy raiding, just let them. I can beat the shit out of most everyone in those factions & I've trained for literally 6 months out 5 years.

Malgarth [2308239]

Torn is a sandbox game. The players are children who fling piss-laced sand and make justifications for their petty tantrums.

This your first day or something?

NRD2nd [2905417] Reporter

Sadly, this does happen a lot. When I owned a faction, another faction attempted to raid and extort us. Sadly for them, we won :P

 

Raid Report if anyone is curious

Callaghan [1316121]

Seriously, there's like 5 people in every faction combined that I'd struggle to take on my own. Witches Sanctuary should just suck it up, focus on getting strong and then take revenge when the time is right.

VCR [2687434]

Very common, the uncommon thing is more that it's a good chunk of people in this case, with not completely pathetic stats. Normally it's a thing between tiny 5-10k respect factions of people who barely know what's going on, each person only having a few thousand stats total.

Shooby [2510470]

I've had people try and raid my old single member shell like half a dozen times and it was still one of the dumbest things I've encountered. Like you have 1 person to hit, while I have a whole faction? Build up my points for an hour and then cease the raid the next day.

 

 That was back when if you ceased a raid, another couldn't be initiated for awhile.

Funko [2594205]

So a noob tactic, from noob factions lol 😂 understood. maybe why I've never heard of it, I've never been in a faction that's raids lol, maybe we'll try it on some noob factions too 🤣😂

Funko [2594205]

Yes yes I get that, but legitimately the first time I see something like this, I guess everyone has their own standards lol