Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Losses Scammers

Started by Koink [3698928] on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 496 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

didicool86 [2663796] ×1

Koink [3698928]

Hi. I'm a noob at Torn, just level 6 and the last few days have had a go at selling losses and just want to say that I'm dissappointed by the number of people willing to scam noobs by simply not paying up. 

I won't drop any names but just a general warning to noobs to be careful.  

Execution [2918392]

That's why you should sign up with a loss selling service like Nebula. Why take the risk when you have zero recourse if/when you don't get paid?

JustAndrey [2527016]

You can look here for posts about buying losses, especially those with ton of likes usually tend to be leggit.

Also how long did you give them to pay untill you called them scammers? You should generally first at least wait 24 hours and then politely ask them to pay. It's always possible that they just have real world stuff to deal with so it's not wise to accuse someone if they don't immediately send the money.

ThaWh1teSki7tle [2201418] Reporter

I actually did this for a little bit, its so easy. But it pissed off monarch and i dont make my problems my facs problems, if you catch my drift.

 

Its easy merits and HUGE easy supply, especially if you do it in bursts to allow newer players to join and allow yourself to lose the attention after a while 

 

Easy fix; Hit your buyer once. Ask for payment. If oayment is received, use the rest of your e bar. Ask for payment. Payment received, continue business as usual.

 

At this point, if theyre scammers, youll probably only lose one energy bar worth of losses and can use a xan on someone else who will pay.

 

Take precautions and always be aware. Watch forums for names of muggers, scammers, and thieves. Youre already here. Use it to your advantage and be smart 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

lol imagine being afraid of what they can do to you in pixels after they ripped you off.

 

What will you do when you open a shop, scary men come to your shop, and steal from you? Will you be hush hush too?

Ofc not. You will grab a metal stick, smack their head, and ask for payment.

 

What will you do if you open a bizz, then competitor pays scumbag to scare you off by vandalizing your shop, and calls you names in front of customers? Will you close down the bizz?

Ofc not. You wait until the scumbags touches you so you have legal excuse to chase him down with a weapon.

 

Otherwise they will keep coming back to your shop and your family can't buy food. It's not about pixels or real life money. About your mentality.

 

ps: https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2663796

is this the person?

Mentions: didicool86 [2663796]

SidhuMooseWala [2959112]

If they scary now then they'll always be scary as they'll always wayy ahead of you as long as they keep playing. So just call em out, post some logs/screenshots, make this post a bit juicy

 

J.U.I.C.Y. 

Starbreaker [2737884]
  1. They've literally already said it's a level 100
  2. Stop conflating Torn with real life, you're not interesting enough to pull off a decent metaphor and everyone is bored with you droning on and on about nothing 
R_N_B [2826203]

Wait... You are attacking... then wait for 2 days... then just send the message?

That might be a bit late

Attack, and hit the chat, just simple words, "Done 10 Losses"

Now, if they have not yet pay till you done all that, send the word, who is the name + the evidence = High Quality Post for sure

DedeSiregar [2430598]

There is torntools you can use to hide ppl post. You can use it to hide mine. I will say what I want, when I want, how I want, and where I want. You are not important enough to dictate me or anyone what to post in forum. You are just a nobody who spends too much time in forum like me. You can downvote, up vote, or hide people post. But you certainly are not important enough to act like a forum nazi.

Sheikh_Nutti [2892903]

LMAO, the absolute fragility.

 

Someone pokes a tiny hole in your inflated ego by pointing out your cringeworthy real-life analogies are tired and irrelevant, and you immediately go full defensive meltdown? "I WiLl SaY wHaT i WaNt, WhEn I wAnT!". We know. That's the problem. You spam every thread with unsolicited, often terrible, advice wrapped in delusions of grandeur.

 

You telling Starbreaker they're not important enough to dictate posts while simultaneously trying to dictate Koink's actions and lecturing everyone on "mentality" is peak hypocrisy.

 

You should consider logging off and touching grass if simple criticism sends you into such a predictable, self-important tantrum. Nobody's trying to "dictate" you, they're just tired of wading through your diarrhea to find actual discussion.

 

Get over yourself.

Koink [3698928]

That escalated quickly. 

 

Feels like a long time ago I made this post. Glad I didn't name and shame, as making mistakes is a vital part of the journey. I joined Nebula and now no more getting scammed. Problem solved. 

 

Someone in my faction put it to me in realistic terms - I will make a lot of expensive mistakes at the beginning, and I have, but mistakes is how we learn and improve. If I'm making myself vulnerable to exploitation, then I need to find the vulnerability and fix it. 

 

 

_-_ [1718799]

i hear d3vl is a reliable loss seller - reach out to him and plead with him to sell you some. Don't take no for an answer.