Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

98 teggy conversion

Started by Fries91 [3679030] on in Motoring.

2 replies · 38 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
Fries91 [3679030]

Trying to decide whether to use CRV all wheel drive or Honda s2000 rear wheel drive making drift car yes I know rear is better but would have control with all wheel 

davidbrownman [3387536]

For the same price you can get almost any mid-70s british roadster. I mean, you would get good fast because I don't even know if they can spin their tires lol. 

 

I know nothing about drift, but I would assume the civic due to a lower CG.

Wildcat [2213930]

I know all wheel drive drifts can be done, but I don't know how easy it is to do, or how much power you have to put through the wheels to break them loose for a drift. Additionally, I don't know how you need to adjust biases to provide the proper ratio front to rear for torque transfer to prevent overloading the front end.

 

Rear wheel drive is the simpler and cheaper choice typically, as well as easier to maintain due to less complexity in the drivetrain. I can't imagine an S2000 is cheap however, especially compared to the relatively common CRV equipped with AWD.

 

As for DavidBrownman's suggestion of the Civic, as far as I know most Civics are front wheel drive, and are less than ideal for the application you are aiming for. I believe some AWD units exist, but am unsure on that. A rear wheel drive conversion is possible, I imagine.

 

Best of luck.