Torn failed to sync crimes on OC page retried multiple times then locked me out
Failed to sync
Started by zachwozn [2301700] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 6
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 42 / 100
- Story score
- 44 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Most-liked replies
- CloudJumper [1636201] · 3 likes ·
We have released a patch for this issue, this should hopefully not happen again. Thanks! - eugeni [2972386] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Hi Phoenix. It would be awesome if you provide error messages from console and/or content of responses for repeated requests.
Is this still happening for you?
I am having the same issue, I thought it was a script but I desabled the one I thought it was and still had the issue, I’ve disabled a bunch more and will update if it happens again
Hasn't happened yet as I primarily play on PC but seems to be when I suspend the browser and come back to it.
Can you please provide steps to reproduce the issue?
Also having this on and off. A bit hard to reproduce but always somehow happens when least convenient😅
Might be to do with having multiple tabs open to the OC page - I tend to have one tabbed to recruiting and one to planning, often split screen.
Also might be occurring in existing OC page tabs after opening direct links to OCs in another tab.
I'm using Firefox on Windows if that makes a difference.
Will see what I can do to narrow it down.
Gifs captured just before 22:00TCT on 30th of April but I've been having this semi-regularly since at least Monday 28th at sometime around 21:30 TCT
Network tab after the requests started going crazy:
I may well have been temp blocked at this point.
Passing along to James. Thanks..!!
Hi Phoenix. It would be awesome if you provide error messages from console and/or content of responses for repeated requests.
Literally just sitting on the faction page right now, recruiting tab and the network tab is constantly doing a GET & POST in pairs as in the GIF. 1 second interval I think. No other Torn tabs open.
The change today is I am not getting blocked by Torn (and not seeing the "Failed to sync")
Which is great... but I bet you don't want clients spamming requests like this.
I could not get this to happen earlier in the day with some limited attempts. Have to wonder if it is something time related? IDK how that would be.
I have some HAR files for you - any preferences on hosting them somewhere or getting them to you? webmaster@torn.com or something? I get the feeling I shouldn't be posting in public for that.
Spot checking the response body, both the GET & POST include success:true in the json.
Nothing of note in the console.
Persisting through refreshes at the moment and starts as soon as the page loads.
You can email the HAR files to webmaster@torn.com please.
This also seems to happen on the faction upgrades page. Being a faction leader sure is tough these days without fearing to get temp blocked.
@devs: Please consider this could also to do with item market refreshes (from my experience often a combo of both tabs open) that make this a very unsatisfying bug occurance.
Sent!
For this set of HAR files I didn't actually hit a temporary block until later on, in the ActuallyTempBlocked_www.torn.com_Archive [25-05-03 01-53-10] file.
First saw the heavy network requests in www.torn.com_Archive [25-05-02 22-02-34] and www.torn.com_Archive [25-05-02 22-05-08]
Then disabled TornTools and Userscripts for TTandUserscriptsDisabled_www.torn.com_Archive [25-05-02 22-07-12] and TTandUserscriptsDisabled_www.torn.com_Archive [25-05-02 22-20-48]
Requests didn't seem to go wild on the Planning tab, just the recruiting tab.
My OC is now in planning and haven't noticed any excessive requests since then, on either the Planning or Recruiting tab.
EDIT: Have just ended up temp blocked while on the Recruiting tab. My OC still in planning (not complete)
The time having any relation to the actual blocking might just be a red herring. I would say I tend to spend more time on the OC tabs around 9/10pm onwards, which would mean more uncontrolled HTTP requests.
I have had this happen to me multiple times during the past few days. Last time, even chats and notes disappeared and i had to restart browser to get them back.
Usually the torn side-bar disappears first, then i lose the entire page.
Although faction pages were most affected, it also happened to me while in Print store.
We have released a patch for this issue, this should hopefully not happen again.
Thanks!