Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

GRAVE

Started by Bravado [2015785] on in Graveyard.

14 replies · 143 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
61
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Apate [2348539]

Regarding your message, I wanted to be a member of the two servers and to share my pyrography in ART, but was told by Frosty being in Hub meant I couldn't join ART. :/

 

10m on Ghost

Fraank [2754947]

Hi, please do not use GFX Hub graphics without permission, this is ripping and putting it next to some dog shit AI server is kinda offensive to me.

 

Thanks.

 

- Original Founder of GFXHUB

Bravado [2015785]

Someone today in the GFX Hub asked me to use yours signature, I'm member of both and wanted to integrate them. Sorry that I didn't asked for your permision, you are right it is not my art to use as I please. Will use them separetly then. But please be civil, and don't start using slurs there is no need for that.

Bravado [2015785]

Thanks for the bid, mugger will be pleased :)

 

For all, I deleted the graphic after talking with Infernus, we had a short conversation at DM's.

I did it because I used GFX hub without premission, I tought I was doing something good but didn't cosindered another POV. 

Thanks Infernus for the talk, hope to talk you again. 

SpringLinnen [3075309]

Great idea!  Not sure some will appreciate what you are trying to do.   I am not a mugger but I will bid 10M on the third one.  :-). If that is allow.   

KingABz [1564719]

I'd like to thank Bunczuczny (why your name so difficult bro) for taking time out and making this thread. You're coming from a good place mate. I've only known you a short while but you seem a nice guy so I want to give a good reply, otherwise I haven't posted in an AI discussion thread in like 6 months++

 

I feel like we've watched this movie before and it's the same argument, people really dislike lazy AI generated images with text slapped on top- the prompt guys that find a generator one night then think they're an artist. Sure you could share AI art, there's some sick AI stock images out there- but what pisses people off is when they make threads in graphics and charge $$$ for things they've literally just typed out. Weather it takes 30 seconds or longer because you made a typo, charging money for copy paste art on torn is wild and has been for the good part of 20 years. This forum wasn't just made last week- lazy players have come through the scene many times before and were always told to get good or GTFO

 

If you take all emotions out of it and just look at this picture, if this took 30 seconds to make tell me if people should charge for it and not get slap

(taken from a Frosty thread because I couldn't find any other guys. That crylater dude lucky he purged his Diddy pics)

 

Anyways there will always be arguments for and against regardless but that's the situation now. Your post is about a server now called A.R.T. From what we all saw, the server was made as a home for any and all AI artists, as well as others. Eventually you started false advertising it being the home of every art on the planet, but really its heavily pro-AI and if you say otherwise you're not welcome. Every AI guy end up in the same server, some new some recent, and all they hear is "Posted my 4 headed dragon but someone hosped me". Of course, there are some Torn players that deal with their annoyances with attack button. They don't like seeing AI garbage (please use reference above and much worse) and choose to hosp them.

 

Brother there is a system on torn where 500 players can raid your faction and hosp you until your faction blows up. We all just playing a game mate. But Frosty used these incidents and event logs from a few people to ban 250+ members of our server from yours. People that don't even dislike AI joined your server and were kicked with no warning, noting all GFX HUB members aren't welcome.

 

Now I can't tell you what goes through Frosty's mind, but the hatred towards the GFX HUB discord server was pretty unnecessary from the jump. We have Torn mods, committee members, respected HOF faction members in there just making cool sigs. But every member has been painted as evil, so they can't come near your server. We had no direct issues with the A.R.T server itself, it's all the garbage AI that flooded the forums sometimes. Why did this turn into HUB vs MUSICIANS AND LITERATURE LOVERS. We love hand drawn stuff, the best hand drawn artists on Torn are in the hub. We just like to promote real artwork and not AI trash (see reference above and much worse)

 

They might come out now and say "YOU GUYS USE AI TOO SO WHY YOU CRYING". This is an example of AI use-

AI generated render

 

 

This is how we use AI. And that was just this evening. AI is a great tool and helps bring GFX into 2025. But if you took that render, slapped ms paint text on it and tried to sell it for 10m, you'll probably get hosped. That's just how it is, it's Torn guys, people get hosped for far less.

 

I'll get into the good members in the A.R.T server in a second but first I want to mention 2 dudes. Crylater posted images of scantly clad girls holding signs-and tried to sell these abominations. He was immediately recruited to art server. When your member pointed out it was wrong, the entire server crashed out and called him wrong. Your member mentioned publicly that several people said "how dare you go against AI, he is an artist". I think this was distasteful of Frosty and co as the images were clearly of real women taken from the net somewhere. 

 

The second guy I want to point out is Ariael. As many of you A.R.T members may not know, this is the restart account of Cinder/Firecracker/Tsundere/Plushie. I won't go into why they had 100 enemies and caused drama/kicked out of every faction they were in, but the dude was proven to be dishonest. One of the earlier instances was when he used AI generated girl to hold up a sign for MS Torn

 

He was kicked out the competition after being exposed.

 

He then tried to change the image and continued to gather an army of simps. 

 

Of all the BS this guy was involved in, he chose to spread hate towards the GFX HUB, because some members didn't like their AI trash (please see reference above, plus much worse). They went as far as ripping/stealing respected artist Anon's banner, defaming it with "AI Hate Server". This person was also kicked out of an older server run by KoroYukiHime for lazy AI work and causing drama.

 

Frosty, I'm sure you've seen me liking your GFX posts, I think its great you stepping away from the lazy AI images. You even give sources, trying to be extra cautious (dont worry gfx is covered under fair use laws on torn). From what I hear you're a nice lady and do enjoy art. I hope you haven't been coerced into feeling as much hatred as you do now by someone who literally made a banner called "AI hate server" and tried to blame 250 people, and is known for being volatile and toxic. You should read up on the other things, too.

 

All our members banned for no reason. with that logic we should ban all your members right? Instead we've accepted every member of your server who are really enjoying learning GFX. Members like Jared HS97 CK RG Buzuckowzky (?) all joined and are now killing it, Effy was already killing it and joined us too. I give them and Frosty full access of the hub to find 1 in 150k messages where we were toxic towards a new member looking to learn from zero knowledge. Come on man. Ask your guys, the hub is lit and welcomes anyone wanting to chill. But still no hub member can join ART server? xD

 

There's plenty room for both of us, I'm happy to open the doors to more learners. We can even pass over guides and knowledge which will help your guys who want to learn GFX. But as far as generating images, making minor changes and then slapping text on top...this will never make any of you "artists". Y'all type good. Use AI as a tool and actually put time into your work, as Frosty has been, and maybe peace is closer than we think. You look very stupid calling someone like Crylater an aritst. We having a great time over here and would love for you to join us, put down the keyboard and grab a mouse. Let me show you what a c4d is

 

It's a great time to get into art

 

Yours truly,

Bravado [2015785]

Thanks KingABz for that message.

 

My name is hard so People have hard time trying to put a bountie on me, Jokes.  

 

I wanted to send a message but don't make this thread disscusion about those two servers. I understand every POV, and respect all of you. We will talk in private more, Im always open to disscusions but don't focus only at that part only, there is auction and competition here :)

 

Price pool for the competition increased to 14M, 10M from me and 4M from bidders, thank you guys! 

Frostymaw [3412060]

I'm more of a private conversation kind of person. If you want to have a chat you're going to have to message me. I don't like to air grievances in public forums.

KingABz [1564719]

Sorry I'm the public PR guy. Frank handles the private conversations- AKs the production manager and Patchwork actually really likes AI and is sad you guys kicked him out

 

Bernz died RIP

 

Anyone whose anyone knows the hub isn't the gatekeeping master race some of you guys have portrayed us to be- and now that we've helped 7 of your members, some who were ex AI guys, and literally gave them access to everything we have at our disposal, I'd like to request you refrain from labelling us that way. We are in fact the keepers. Keepers of good art- just really dislike lazy AI generations sold in graphics. If you can get your guys to go towards the direction you've been going with the customs I look forward to building a bridge between the two communities and grow together.

 

Peace

Frostymaw [3412060]

Well then pass the message along, I really don't know whos frank, so I'll leave it to you.

 

I have spoken with patchwork and he seems like a nice guy and I don't have any problems with him, but I been burned by past interactions with hub member so it's hard to trust or figure out someone's intentions.

 

Everything I do for the art community is out of love and passion, we might have different views on some methods, and that's perfectly fine with me. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they wish.

 

Balls in your court, have open the window for conversation. If I don't hear back then I'll just assume I'm being played with.