Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Background scroll whilst typing

Started by WhiteRaven [2692544] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
19
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

BypXByp [3243346]

Just tested this in Firefox on my phone and I see the same thing.

 

What appears to be happening to me is that when the text field is selected and you start typing, Firefox wants to scroll to the section of the page.  Since it's at the bottom, Firefox scrolls to the bottom.  That alone is all fine and dandy - it's just trying to show you where you're typing.

 

The issue is on page with auto-loading events - Firefox scrolls you to the bottom, which then triggers Torn to load the next group of events/etc. and then it scrolls again and then it loads again and then it... yeah.

Aejhlu [2317576]

Having a similar (possibly related??) problem with Torn's notes. Trying to have my typing cursor in the ~middle of the note, but typing anything causes the note to scroll so that the cursor is at the very bottom.

 

Also firefox, not mobile.

BypXByp [3243346]

Maybe best to start a new thread since this is a completely different issue - PC vs mobile, note scrolling vs entire page scrolling.

 

FWIW my Firefox on PC works fine when typing in the middle of a note.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Looks to only be happening on mobile Firefox. I will ask Constantin to check.

 

Thanks!

TPForMyTornHole [2739560]

I'm currently experiencing the page scrolling with every key press when typing in chat 2.0 or 3.0. I'm using firefox mobile and have tested this with torntools, and scripts enabled and disabled. Tested using TornPDA browser and the issue does not occur.

 

*Edit

I now just found out I also experience this issue while typing in the Notes tab.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Yes this continues to happen on Firefox Mobile on chat. Also the background clicking stuff.... Always got me like 🥵🤢🥵 when using chat on the faction balance page

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

Using Firefox on android, anytime I open my virtual keyboard my screen scrolls down the height of my keyboard. It remains scrolled even after closing the keyboard. 

 

It consistently does this for me every time but doesn't occur for any other browser. only occurs when selecting the text area in chats, nowhere else. Nothing happens while I'm typing,simply selecting the field does. 

 

I created a simple script that set preventScroll to true when selecting any text area which seems to have resolved it on my end. 

Jokar [84976]

This linked request is closed as resolved. 

However I'm still experiencing this problem, also using Firefox on mobile.

 

It doesn't always happen when typing into chat, but occasionally and makes infinite scroll pages (like events) a pain to navigate.

 

Any idea in timing for when this will be fixed?

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

This linked request is closed as resolved. 

 

That was the issue with Notes, which has been resolved. This report handles typing in chat and is still marked as confirmed. Which issue are you facing?