In his opening post, Emforus mentioned the following:
Demo each game until one with a heart turns up, start from the bottom then move up from there. If you maxed a game you can just skip it, in which case you'll be forced to introduce games 'til someone wants to play, which is less than ideal.
If done right, you should be maxing skill and technique roughly at the same time.
I can upvote this statement, as when I followed this principle, I obtained both merits within 5 seconds:
All four techniques maxed: 07:37:19 - 04/04/25 You were awarded the honor: Tekkers
Hustling skill level 100 reached: 07:37:24 - 04/04/25 You were awarded the honor: Crowd Teaser
So if you don't want to spend extra days going for the Tekkers honor bar while you've already reached hustling skill level 100, start demoing from the bottom game and move up.
considering I saw how easily I attained 1 on the lower 2 crimes, and how long it takes to reach 100 once you get to the 90’s, I think I’ll also hit the 2 merits at the same time.
my method for anyone looking to be time efficient:
- gather 2 times
- demo + hype until bets start
- lose until 80% of audience is betting
- Win lose win lose (50/50) until I lose enough crowd to need to gather again, or if I have low nerve, just abandon the crowd and save the nerve for the next rotation.
- only start when I have 40+ nerve. This crime needs a ramping up period before the gains reallly come in
I am on a loss of 900k right now but since some merits literally require us to donate cash or throw away an item worth a million, I’m happy to do the same if I can get a higher NNB, make good progress on 15 medals, and earn 2 merits
Will add this to the guide later but in the meantime:
If your CS and technique for all games are maxed, you shouldn't have a hard time getting the new honor bar.
Start by gathering an audience as many times as you need to reach the cap (at max level, if you get both a pickpocket and a shill, the audience row should be completely full). I think it's 10 audience members but I didn't count.
Your goal now is reaching max attention for all audience members, or just as high as possible. Lose a couple games, if there's audience members with hearts it'll be easier to do. Once you're in a comfortable spot just keep switching games back and forth until you get a bet for 100k, this is easier on shell game and find the lady.
There's still a certain level of randomness to this: Remember audience wealth? Depending on how vibrant the green color of an audience member is, the more they'll be able to bet. People with hearts also seem to bet past their wealth limit.
If you fill your audience row but find all audience members having a dull green or straight up gray color, then it might be an option to just let them walk away and try again in a couple minutes.
These steps are only necessary if you intend on maximizing nerve efficiency and lower money loss. Alternatively, you can just wing it, fill the audience row, then keep losing games until you reach 100k bets. You may need a full bar of nerve for this and a couple mil in hand, but you'll still get it without much difficulty so long as you have CS and techniques maxed.
EDIT: Just to doublecheck I did the whole thing again and remembered to take a screenshot.
Ten audience members is the cap, good to know.
Audience members #4 and #5 showcase the difference in wealth very nicely, with #4 having a very dull green, and #5 a brighter green.
Getting this level of bets took me 70N and costed me 150k using the method I mentioned before, but I did get quite lucky with my audience distribution, getting a generally wealthy audience with two hearts on shell game. This is by far one of the easiest honor bars released to date, requiring little nerve and max skill.
Hello, do you have updated numbers on crit chance for collecting pickpocket? Is it really 11%? 45 is small sample size to say for certain that its 11%...
So shill and pickpocket are not beneficial for skill increase it seems
I am at level 100 and all hustles max out. I tried with a full nerve bar and about $2m. Could not get pass 80K bet. Should I be losing some and winning some?