Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bugged forms on PC browsers

Started by ChangeName [363536] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 35 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100

Most-liked replies

ChangeName [363536]

I have the issues with various forms on PC, form submit buttons are not visible, and it seems JS is the problem on desktop browsers, I tried both 3 chromium based (edge, chrome, brave) and firefox (clean install) without any extensions or scripts. all have the same issue, action buttons are not visible. 

 

I am writing this from mobile browser (brave) and everything works, please check the screenshot it might help.

 

 

I encountered this problem elsewhere also: trading page (no accept button), missions (cant finish mission without full page reload), , forums (post button and text area missing) and messages page (no reply)… 

 

I think all these share the same root cause

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Can you replicate the issue in Incognito window with all of your scripts and extensions turned off?

 

If yes, then please provide your OS version and browser versions.

toshykazu [1435333] Admin Staff

Recently, I had a long debugging session with TH3ODOR3, which turned out to be very similar to this issue.

In his case, it was probably NordVPN or another VPN application. Simply shutting it down didn’t help, only after uninstalling it did we manage to get the forum working for him.

Are you using any VPN software?

ChangeName [363536]

@toshykazu thanks for the hint, it was indeed NordVPN, but it doesn't have to be uninstalled, only embedded ad/tracker blocker needs to be disabled/paused for Torn site. 

 

Now it all works fine, and I'm replying from PC!

 

cheers!

 

 

Chrollo [2873736]

Wowww. Interesting. I’m having the same problem, and also use Nord. Only on Firefox though. When I use Mullvad everything works fine, but I don’t have TT on there. I’ll have to look into moving it over. 

Firefox used to work just fine even with Nord, does anyone know when or what happened that changed it?