Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mobile or computer?

Started by Ghundus [3707763] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 94 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Ghundus [3707763]

Very dumb question, I know, but does using a computer for torn open up any benefits or new things compared to using mobile? Surface level or technical (I really want to go down the rabbit hole of data/stat analysis and dive back into programming orbit of stuff, but I have been reluctant to get a computer lol)

 

idk if this is a privacy breach, but do most actives here use computer or mobile (ignore if too personal, I really just want opinions on getting a computer for torn and a couple things being worthwhile or not 🙃)

narO [2312928]

Biggest benefit imo, is that playing on a PC has a higher potential to be faster, it's also easier to create and run scripts from your pc, other than that there isn't much difference, you can still do practically everything on both. 

Cattypack [3687499]

TornPDA has made it really easy for me to play on the go and have all my tabs/windows isolated to a single app!

 

for laptop I’ll use it when buying and selling sometimes because of the bigger screen, etc

WhackedMaki [2587660]

I use mobile more often than PC, and some things are even easier to do on it. With the proper setup though there's hardly any difference functionally between them. Scripts are harder to get working properly on mobile, but I have yet to encounter one that works on my computer but not on my phone.

Bruneau [2904573]

I've found for things like Chain Watching, RW, or things where it's easier to have multiple tabs open a PC is easier for me.

 

I probably do more Torn related activities on mobile and more social ones on PC though - but I can type faster on a PC.

Friends [1195734]

Most of the day mobile(torn pda) only login computer to add items for sale because its more convenient. Otherwise mobile does almost everything. 

Grafiti [1557036]

I use a wide tablet, it has a keyboard attachments, so I get the laptop experience, I don't need to drag around a mouse, touchscreen does most of the job, only con is I can't run scripts on Google Chrome since it is technically using the mobile version of Chrome, but there's some other browsers which work around that restriction, I just can't be bothered to use those browsers long-term.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

The easiest answer to the question is that both experiences can be similar. While not identical by any means, you can accomplish the same things with both platforms. Use whatever you feel is most comfortable. Or if you plan to use both, use each as the situation determines.