Since the last performance issue thread was closed and was requested to make a new thread if it still happens - it still happens.
It will happen regardless of what I do, crimes, faction shit, casino, forums, everything. But the easiest way to reproduce it for me:
- Start a RW with another faction
- Attack. After several attacks, your browser will stop responding randomly every few seconds.
- Having a few chat windows open makes it happen quicker.
Sometimes it takes me 10-15 attacks for it to start, sometimes it kicks off after 2-3. But when it starts, it will continue to freeze randomly until you restart the browser entirely. In a face paced war, this is a killer.
To demonstrate the issue, I logged into torn in an incognito window (privacy mode in FF) so the only mod active was ublock origin (and Im sorry, with the state of the internet today, I will not turn off ublock. It is a deal killer.) No other scripts or extensions were active.
Then attacked until it started off, started recording then completed one attack.
You can see the garbage collector peg the CPU and stop everything until it collects a whole bunch of data, then it stops and it clears off. Then 2-3 seconds later, it will do it again. Then again. And repeat until I close the browser completely. In the game, this will basically make the browser dead, as I cannot do a single action.
No other site does this. This freezing came with the introduction of chat 2.0, and that was much worse so there is light at the end of the tunnel but as it is now - any extended clash in a war is a straight up no go for me. The only way I could stop it was to block sendbird's domain entirely so chat 2.0 would never load. Then I could war all day no problems. This is now no longer possible with chat 3.0, sadly.
This occurs both on Win11 on a 5900X build with edge, firefox, chrome - and my laptop, a 4650U running mint.
Hopefully this helps get to the bottom of this. Please let me know if I can run or submit any more data, I can make it happen pretty much on demand.
Mentions: Grave performance issues with chat 2.0