Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Question about puberty

Started by K3- [1591697] on in General Discussion.

53 replies · 816 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

K3- [1591697]

At what stat total did you feel confident in your attacking/defending ability? I.e when did you put on your big boy boots and stop being a dependant. 

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Odd title. I guess around 10k stats. That said, when I started playing 100k stats was considered huge lol. 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

About 300k per stat, when I could take down an entire noob trap faction off a Xanax stack. Just something about seeing a red wall (hospital hospital hospital) and knowing it was all me 😎

PMV [1577993]

whenever your faction matches with another with members that you can actually beat.

 

having 10b stats vs 5b is no different than having 10k vs 5k.

goblinMode [2809005]

Right from the start! I saw starters like me but I got 150E and Xanax. After first train I was hitting people. I might not have won! But I was confident. When I hit over 50k I could start using the stat range pda and torntools provides to find targets.

PrincessJulie [11229] Admin Staff

Not me coming here to move it to non-related :') 

 

I feel like puberty is at the median of whatever faction you're in, 500m might make you a beast in matchups in one faction but in others you'd be the smallest punching bag.

K3- [1591697]

I guess thats true but at 10b stats we don't require 100 of you to fight one gorilla, just a couple will do. 

I guess my question is more about general torn population rather than faction wars. Is there a point where more people lose to you than leave you in a bloody mess on the side of the street

undo [2090073]

That seems like an odd definition, since many people would bounce back and forth between puberty and adulthood (lol, adults on Torn?).

 

I feel like a better definition would be at what point people could hold their own and meaningfully contribute in most decent factions (let’s say most top 100 factions). Which would probably be a couple billion total BS? Not sure.

 

PS totally not suggesting this because I’m splashing in the kiddie pool here.

Beerstein [1322136]

I also notice a lot have preferences for where they fall into a roster. Some like being on top, some bottom, some near the top but not at the top, and no one wants to be in that weird middle/bottomish area.