Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

cannot connect to chat

Started by quazimodem [1970231] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 28 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100

Most-liked replies

quazimodem [1970231]

Hello,

 

Some time ago (maybe a month ago), I changed to chat 3.0.  A day or so ago, I haven't been able to connect to chat.  Just an icon that spins trying to connect.  It would eventually fail. "failed to fetch messages retry."

 

So I try to drop down to chat 2.0.  I'm seeing old msgs from a month ago.  I try to type of trade or global chat, nothing.  I cannot connect to faction or company.   I've disabled torn tools and ad blockers.   I've tried logging in torn using incognito/inprivate modes.  still having the same issue. 

 

Any ideas what I can try and do?

quazimodem [1970231]

I think I may have discovered why I wasn't connecting to chat.  I recently blocked outbound network traffic from Germany.  I took that block off and now it connects.  

Zeddy [2489304]

Hi,

 

I am experiencing same problem.

My faction chat disappeared and can't get it back.

Clicking on Rejoin official chat rooms makes the faction chat box appear and then disappear.

Error "Failed to save. Reverting back. Please try again."

Same error on my android phone.

This is Windows 11 PC on Firefox.

My phone is Google Pixel 9 Pro XL on Kiwi browser.

AFAIK, there is no blocked traffic or any other exotic settings on the router.

I don't think it's any of my settings.

Any help appreciated.