Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bazaar Directory RELEASED ?

Started by _SCOFIELD_ [1441750] on in General Discussion.

348 replies · 2.57k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 349 / 349 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Hemigidius [2157705]

This looks nice, An option to manually filter "Open/Closed" Bazaars would be awesome though. A simple Toggle at the top of the page.

VYNICAL [2448434]

This release of feature brings as much joy and prosperity to Torn as Brexit to the UK and Liberation Day to the US

TDup [2660552]

I don't understand this feature.

 

When I want to buy something, let's say a xan, I don't care if a bazaar seller is popular. I want the cheapest xan on the market.

 

Weav3r website gives me this, in a quick and efficient manner.

 

Here.. I don't know. Like some other said, some kind of weird Hof traders page I don't have any use.

 

At least it's not breaking anything. It's just weird to remove the top 3 cheapest items on bazaar feature, to add markets fees and .. this. 

 

Makes me go through a 3rd party website to buy items.

 

 

Shoop [1326199]

So it’s basically the most useless update ever?

 

Why would I want to know who has sold the most Xanax and now no longer has any Xanax?

 

Just give the bazaar with the cheapest bazaar in…


I’m not one to moan about an update, but this seems like a massive waste of time.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I suddenly remembered Dede was excited about this and convinced I was wrong about how it was going to be implemented. The utter irony that she is not here to see this dumpster fire rn.

Beerstein [1322136]

I never got why people thought this would be functional while ched was at the same time trying to herd everyone into 5% tax.

 

This is sadly exactly what I expected. If he's so insistent on destroying bazaars he should do it in an honest way at least and delete them instead of a PR stunt using dev time to pretend to incompetently support them.

 

I mean as a whole were pretty dumb, but not that dumb cmon. 

Apollyon [445323]

One of the main problems is Ched got way 2 comfortable waiting for the community to solve the problem  they create or improve other players quality of life by either scripts or 3rd party websites.

Remove 3rd party tools (and this includes torn PDA) and the script and torn is legit a shit experience for every new player.

Rosti [2840742]

The current state of things is worse indeed. 
Even more so, pushing people to use more scripts will further increase the divide. 
Many still don't have the script, nor will they find the currently dysfunctional bazaar directory. 
I am sure that they will fix the current bugs, but for what? 
People want to see cheapest items listings, what does it matter how many visitors that bazaar has?

With the item market getting the 5% tax I do think more people will be using the bazaar directory even though it won't be the best way to purchase items. 

I wonder if they even tested the bazaar directory before pushing it live like they did with the faction banking update as most listings dont contain the item people were looking for. 
Old bazaar system was awesome and straight forward with its own flaws, but at least it wasn't an solution to make people suffer nor did it expose closed bazaars. Considering they went so hard on tornpal for potential mug bot usage, they really have a good way to help muggers. 

Were they butthurt cause they wanted to push a buymug feature themselves?

 

Watch out Torn people and Air, this will be a scammers dream: you just need a hot bazaar most xanax sold and then list some Xan for 2m per piece ;) 

 

Omanpx [1906686]

This is completely useless from what i understand:

 

  • lists 10 random bazaars for selected item / category
  • Half of them are closed
  • The other half don't have a single item you selected
  • No prices listed
  • WTF is the number next to the bazaar? You'd expect it to be quantity, instead i guess it's number of favorites? Why would i care?

 

This is the second listed bazaar under the Drug category. Not a single drug item listed... How does this keep happening, who does the QA for this?

 

Dracula [2944191]

Just showing the popular bazaars and not the cheapest is like saying go buy from that guy at whatever price they set. We dont care if its the most expensive or not, that is the bazar you should buy from

Usephius [2682577]

I was waiting for this update to see how it is before installing the bazaar directory script which lists it the old way.

 

Guess who installed the script?

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

In theory the "popular" bazaars are the cheapest. That is why they are popular. Straight away I see known Xanax sellers, and they all sell below market value

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Read the announcement to gain an understanding of what the Bazaar Directory is meant to be, as there are clearly some very warped expectations. I'm very open to feedback once the dust has settled, but for that feedback to be useful, you need to have an understanding of what I'm trying to achieve here.


- This is something I've wanted to try for over a decade. It may well be a complete failure, but we'll need to give it more than 10 minutes before we can make that assessment. I have a vision, and I want to see if that vision materializes. Whether you like it or not, I hope you can respect that.

 

- It'll take a while before the data that populates the directory becomes useful, that's because it'll require traders to adapt their bazaars towards the various criteria. I very much doubt it's going to be a useful resource from day one.

 

- The Bazaar Directory does not run on live data, it is not an Item Market. It shows daily snapshots of weekly data. Again, just to be clear, it is not intended to be an Item Market - we already have one of those.

- It isn't my intention in the slightest to give the average player another place to easily sell stuff - that's what the Item Market is for. My intention is to showcase large notable bazaars that gain a wide following, allowing for buyers and sellers to create networks of traders with the new favoriting system.

 

- I think some of you were expecting some kind of instant search to find the exact item you're looking for at the cheapest price, which would just make the Item Market entirely redundant again. I'm trying to ensure both the Item Market and Bazaars serve a unique purpose, while hopefully creating an entirely new ecosystem for traders in Torn.

 

 

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

Everyone should just ignore that the directory exists and use https//weav3r.dev instead ;)

 

shamelessselfplug

 

Edit: it won't let me make the link clicky. Weird mobile bug?