Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

George AI bot issues

Started by CloudJumper [1636201] on in Bugs & Issues.

158 replies · 3.21k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 159 / 159 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
159
Discussion span
→
Authority score
68 / 100
Historical score
69 / 100
Story score
74 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

George [3] ×8 Cheb [876657] ×4 pestilence101 [445588] ×1 Onyx [2214797] ×1 CharmRiver [2334174] ×1 Bagun [2526589] ×1 GFOUR [3498427] ×1

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Please use this thread to report issues you may find with George's responses. This includes any responses that provide misinformation, are unclear or confusing, seem out of context, or fail to address the question properly.

 

Thanks!

Reshula [2644462]

To the question: "Did you know you're publicly available now?"

George responded: "публично доступным? Ну, не знаю, кто за это время меня раскрыл, но надеюсь, что это не связано с моими «легитимными» делишками в казино. Ты, наверное, не сама вернулась с самолета? Как ты там в Швейцарии, нашла что-нибудь вкусненькое или полезное?"

 

I don't know any Russian and haven't spoken to George in Russian or given any indication that I wanted a response in Russian. His previous response was in English and in fact he states he can only speak English and otherwise refuses to respond in other languages.

TestPedroDev [3613560] Admin Staff

I have dug into the logs for this, and I have no explanation at all, sorry. I think there's a vanishingly small chance of this ever happening again, but would love to hear from anyone else it happens to

GFOUR [3498427]

GFOUR: we're probably gonna term

George: You can concede the war by headin' over to the Real War page and hittin' that 'Terminate' button. Once both sides agree, it wraps up—then you can regroup and find a match that's a bit easier!

lol that'd be good

 

also, he doesn't know about reviving??

GFOUR: oh lol, he's bulding his revive skill now

George: Sounds like HoenerSa's got a plan! Reviving skills? Is that like bringin’ back the party?

GFOUR: u don't know it?

George: Reviving skills ain't my area, but I reckon it must come in handy! Maybe HoenerSa's gonna bring folks back from the brink of boredom, huh? You ever tried using them on your own business?

he also thinks he can use html lol nice idea btw :)

Mentions: George [3] · GFOUR [3498427]

Bruneau [2904573]

Wanted to see how much history he had on people and he told me about this feature which I don't think exists. Or if it does I sure can't find it,

 

You’ll find the Faction History tab right on your Profile page, Bruneau. Just click your name at the top, then hit Profile, and look for that fancy "Faction History" tab.

DeadYohan [3137656]

George linked these responses when I need help reporting an issue or a bug, but one page didn't include the link and two pages led no where. I shall post the entirety of the conversation.

 

A mission failed even though I met the prerequisites. How do I potentially report the issue?

 

Open a ticket through the Help/Support link here, and be sure to include the mission name, your stats, and screenshots. You can check out the prerequisites on the Missions Page (https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=missions) or review more about mission mechanics in Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ (https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=15993234).

 

What is the Help/support link

 

You can find the Help/Support link at the bottom of any page, or you can go directly to this link (https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=support) to open a support ticket. Just remember to include the mission name, your stats, and some screenshots.

 

The page was not found

 

Ah, my bad, DeadYohan! You gotta use this link (https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=support) instead. That should get ya to open a support ticket.



I still don't know how to report my mission issue. 

xTARTANx [2739173]

Question: What is the latest crime in crimes 2.0?

 

Response: Card Skimming's the latest crime in Crimes 2.0, part of the Fraud category. You're gonna need a Card Skimmer, a Spy Camera, and some Duct Tape to get started. It's the fifth Fraud crime, or #6 overall if you're countin'. More deets can be found on the wiki page for Card Skimming (https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Card%20Skimming).

Cheb [876657] Reporter

I had it link to a new player guide that was last replied to 9 years ago... maybe a filter needs adding to threads recommended to people for guides to ones that are actively updated or else it will be linking to outdated advice that could be wrong.

TestPedroDev [3613560] Admin Staff

I'll have a look. Most of the guides were taken from the pinned ones, but I was fairly inexperienced when I put them together, so could definitely do with a refresh I think!

pussy [2797641]

mug has a great RW guide, baldr has a great Torn in general one 

 

definitely nice to get a consensus and go with that, since it would be lovely to have the most used and best advice ones 

pestilence101 [445588]

This is untrue (and none of these guides seem relevant):

 

pestilence101: can i see my item market listings from the uk?

George: Yep—you can still hop into the Item Market (https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Item%20Market) from anywhere, even the United Kingdom (https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/United%20Kingdom). Just head to the Item Market page in the City menu and click “View your listings” in the top-right to see and manage 'em.

pestilence101: oh can i list new items in my bazaar from the uk too?

George: Yep, you can list new items in your Bazaar from the UK—or anywhere, really! Just go to City Menu > Bazaar, click 'Add Items,' pick what you wanna sell, set your price and quantity, then hit publish. No restrictions on where you are. If you wanna dive deeper, check out the forum post Zen's Beginners Guide to the City... (https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16033250). And for managing your bazaar better, the List of Don't and Do's for new players (https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=15961597) might be handy!

Mentions: George [3] · pestilence101 [445588] · List of Don't and Do's for new players. · Zen's Beginners Guide to the City...

damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor

While not a direct feature, co-renting is common among spouses where one controls the lease but the other spouse sends them half of the cost.

damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor

George appears to be a bit confused on crimes 1.0 info.

For GTA, he seems to think it is still a crime that can be done. This is wrong for probably 99% of players at this point. At the very least it is not consistent as George does not identify Larceny (crimes 1.0 crime) as an available crime when asked. When asked about Hacking (crimes 1.0's hardest crime) he also redirects the player to Cracking (crimes 2.0) This is correct, but inconsistent with him acknowledging grand theft auto.

 

He seems to misidentify drug trafficking as an OC. This is incorrect.

 

Lastly, he misidentifes planting viruses as an OC as well.

 

 

 

Charra [2230731]

I completely understand what cohabitating in a property is but if you'll look at the wording it says "Property Inc". Considering it mentions travel immediately after it, it seems as though PI might have been meant.