Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Do You Regret Your Starter Faction?

Started by Demero [2921830] on in General Discussion.

161 replies · 2.16k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 162 / 162 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
162
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 10877 ×1 Faction 11559 ×1 Faction 21716 ×1 Faction 39593 ×1 Faction 41907 ×1 Apollyon [445323] ×1 TriTuRaDoR [1021253] ×1 Dr_V [2037780] ×1 Star-Storm [2060014] ×1 Legaci [2100546] ×1 LuciusAgrippa [2424844] ×1

Demero [2921830]

Looking back, I definitely joined my first faction too fast.

 

No perks, no chains, no revives, just a few people hitting NPCs and logging out.

 

At the time, I was excited to join (any) faction. But now I wonder how different my start would’ve been if I waited for a better one.

 

Did you get lucky with your starter faction, or was it a mess like mine? 

 

Curious how many people actually stuck with their first.

booby [2245352]

i afk trained and chained once a month for years while stacking passive income/flying

 

it was boring but worked out lol

Halyangx [1867864]

My starter fac - the faction I joined after playing Torn again at the start of Covid

 

A SA-sub faction - the two faction leaders have absolutely no balls and were just lackeys to people from SA main

 

Those were the days where people willing spread their legs for SA...

Umami [2168530]

My starter faction was White Rabbits and I learned alot there.

 

They have really come a long way in the time since I was a member - No regrets whatsoever. 

 

If you're not learning something from your time with any faction then the problem is you, not them. That would be something to regret. 

 

Shout out to Kiurial, Papillon25, DadCrimson, DazzyWazzy, and the others who have been there for ages. 

 

Might need to come back and war with you all one day soon

Pakliuvom [1676337]

I don't even remember what my first faction was; my brain is too stuffed with useless trivia and bad memories from the 1980s...

VCR [2687434]

Ehh, I can't say I do, even if Precision has become... whatever nearly dead faction it is now. They were pretty chill people when I was with them at the time, still getting used to the basics of the game.

PureInsanity [2685775]

In your logs, check out "Faction application accept receive"

 

It will show you the factions you've joined

Helmstetter [2272097]

Torn is a game where you don't know what you don't know, but if you do it right, you learn from every choice you make, right or wrong. I make different choices today than I would have made back then, but I don't regret any of them, including the time in my first faction.

MrKisdUrSistr [3128068]

I stuck with my first faction and when the leader decided it was time to take time off I took over. The co-leader at the time was harassing a foreign player, he used to be a member of the faction when it was owned by a player that got fedded for multis. We were raided because of his actions. The co-leader was removed from the faction and I started to rework how we did everything from the ground up. I’m still trying to figure out how to do everything, and it can be a lot to handle. Overall I’m glad I stuck with the faction I started with, and I’m proud of how far we’ve come since I joined. I wouldn’t give it up for anything. 

milesdavis [2946525]

I wouldn't say regret, because although I'm on bad terms with majority of leadership I did learn a lot and I had genuine fun when being new to the game the year ish I spent there. Although in retrospect it definitely did hinder my progress especially when the options I had as a very active dedicated player when I first started I regret not being in better steadfast/better payout faction (80% on rw payouts yuck). Overall I came to learn that torn is saturated with good factions and said factions have a high demand of people who actually play the game. Most of the sourness came from being under appreciated and sold a false image of "It's harder to find better then us".

 

Maybe the culture was top tier but around the time I left is when the culture kind of got ruined and hostile over mostly benign things that had no bearing or relation to the video game (you guessed it politics). I view the place as a former shell of itself these days and I'm glad for the time spent there and probably more glad for my decision to move forward especially considering it suited my IRL needs more to get away from 24 hour real war madness and constant back handed comments made at me that were hostile and not comedic in nature.

 

I guess the lesson to new players here is always check at least the numbers... rw payout, oc cuts and for the more arbitrary stuff take note of who gets special treatment or bad treatment based on collective narratives being pushed within the culture of your faction (Good factions don't do this). and boy am I happy to be in what I think is probably the best HOF faction 39th. leaders so great you'd think they're getting an IRL paycheck for the work they do and constant changes addressing more money, perks, and various other helpful information/actions to suit the players rather then feed the top. Thanks for reading my livejournaltedxangatalk.

CaptainFeathers [2236263]

I got kicked out after about a week, don't even remember the name.

 

I got recruited to Nest not too long after and have been there ever since. Amazing group of people over here

CAEL [2821697]

Id say I got pretty lucky with my first faction, joined WTF as a 3 day old noob and started reviving. Bounced around the family shells quite a bit and here we are today.  Found a great group of people to play with. They helped push me to be a better player and reach the goals I set out which I think is the most important part of joining a faction regardless of the perks they offer. 

Rauhbautz [2108641]

Not in a heartbeat.  I  was not serious about Torn for almost a year. So, the experience I had let me see many different avenues,  and ultimately decided to take it seriously.  

 

Nope. Part of the game.  Anything less may have mislead me.

808ALLDAY [2306400]

Nope. Joined dead or Alive after lv 15 was a great faction and still is! Spent ~800days Went inactive for a year then rejoined but still wasn't fully back.into this marathon of a game. Got booted hopped.around for a bit then found a "forever home" 

Frambojan [2720023]

 I joined when I barely knew how the game was played, and I got kicked within a day for not participating in a chain. I did not know what a chain was or how to attack people. I bear no ill will.