Hey everyone, I would love to know of all of your tips and pointers that have lead to success in your personal experience of running a bazaar. Especially after all of the new changes as of recent.
Tips for bazaar
Started by Granksta [2840946] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 11
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Hello,
There are a few things to hit with the new updates so apologies if this is a bit long.
Firstly, I'm sure you're aware, but here is the Wiki for the Bazaar: https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Bazaar
Second, two main things I see as a staple for anyone with a Bazaar is their trading post thread and the set up of their Torn Exchange. While I do see you're active in the Trading Post thread, I would recommend setting up your own thread as it gives you a chance to continuously place yourself on the first page each time you bump the post. This means every time someone visits the Trading Post, they will see you. There are rules related to bumping, but basically, as long as you wait for your post to leave the front page, you can safely re-bump your thread up to the top.
Trading Guidelines here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=10&t=16384863&b=0&a=0
Create a name for your bazaar and if you're offering a specialty, make sure to include that!
You can set up your Torn Exchange here: https://tornexchange.com/
This will allow you to create a price list for when you need to buy things to restock your bazaar, including setting a profit margin for all the items you are seeking. If you aren't interested in buying and only posting items that you see fit then you likely won't need a TornExchange, but I would still take a look at it and get familiar with it as it is the main way to also double check what competitors are pricing their items at.
Now, for the Bazaar Directory, there are specific conditions to be met to appear:
- Busiest Bazaar: Most unique customers in a week
- Most Popular Bazaars: Current favorited by the most active users
- Trending Bazaars: Newly favorited over the last week
- Top Grossing Bazaars: Highest gross incomes over the last week
- Bargain Bazaars: Many items sold lower than their market values over the last week
- Bulk Bazaars: Made many bulk-sale transactions over the last week
- Advanced Item Bazaars: Sold many advanced weapons and armor over the last week
- Dollar Sale Bazaars: Sold many items for $1 over the last week
- Local Bazaars: Friends and faction mates that have had many customers over the last week
As you can see, a lot of these categories may not be new-bazaar friendly since it requires a lot of sales or a huge income, but some like the $1, Local, and Bargain Bazaars could be easier targets for entering the market. I will also add that there are other scripts that track $1 bazaars and show the value of said items for other players which could give your bazaar more exposure. For example, I try to keep at least 1 - 2 multi million dollar item in my bazaar to show up on these reports, even if I have a majority of non-$1 items for sale. That would be an easy way to get more exposure without making your whole bazaar about $1 sales.
The last thing I can really recommend is to get to know some of the traders that are around. It is a gameplay for many and if you prove to be trustworthy and reliable, they're more likely to give advice, recommend your bazaar, or even help achieve some goals. :)
I hope this helps! It's all I could scrounge up right now.
Mentions: Trading Post Guidelines
I would add with regards to the bazaar directory that there's also:
Item Specialized Bazaars - most unique customers for each specific item
Category Specialized Bazaars - Same as above, but for each category (eg, Drug, Alcohol, Tool, etc)
My impression, based on what I've seen, is that a bazaar can only be specialized in one particular item (presumably, whichever it's more successful at), and won't appear in other items in the specialized listings, even if it's done well in those items. This does make some sense (to prevent one very large bazaar from dominating all the lists and preventing others from showing up.
However, I've also seen some glitches in this (bazaars disappearing from a day and then reappearing, or a different store being visible on the main page of item specialized bazaars then what's at the top if you search for that item specifically - I assume this is just teething troubles with the brand new directory and will go away soon enough.
Just add items to bazaar...and wait for the $$$ to come in. Not a very hard concept.
Create a tiny link and post in trade chat best luck I've had so far
Welcome City Stockists! 🏛️
Why pay more in the Item Market? I constantly monitor prices to ensure my Bazaar is always the cheapest option for you.
✅ Huge Variety: Plushies, Flowers, and more!
✅ Price Match: Always $1-10 below the lowest listing.
✅ Fast Restocks: New items added daily.
Support a growing trader and save your cash!
📍 Visit now: CITY STOCKISTS 🌆🏙️