I got kicked out of my first faction because people in global hit them because i was annoying.
No regrets at all, it helped while I needed it (even if i was a mooch)
And that faction never really went anywhere, got bought out a couple times.
Started by Demero [2921830] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 162 / 162 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I got kicked out of my first faction because people in global hit them because i was annoying.
No regrets at all, it helped while I needed it (even if i was a mooch)
And that faction never really went anywhere, got bought out a couple times.
This is very important I have talked about this on the forums before.
Games are NOT 'jobs' games are for fun for enjoyment in your spare time.
I work a lot in real life and real life always comes first. I dont think about games when im at work.
I am very lively when im here after works hours, but i literally DONT think about games at all when im at work.
The players who play the game like a 'job' they do well for some time. But in time after some months or even years they do literally burn out and quit.
Im serious when i say this. im having as much fun now as i was when i started playing the game in 2007.
This game is not a chore or duty for me. I really am having fun every single day im here.
I have seen many many many players burnout and quit the game. And i am very saddened.
Games are NOT 'jobs' a lot of you need to get a grip of yourselves and enjoy playing games.
I regret sticking around as long as I did, without any perks, out of some false sense of loyalty. I realized I was more valuable than that, and finally left.
Flash Forward to now: I can consistently beat (and stealth) every single person in that original faction alliance (some of whom were literally years ahead of me) aside from one person.
4 years 5 months later and I am still with the faction I started with. Good people and an amazing leader.
I was part of the founding cohort of NPO in Torn. It was a great ride while it lasted, the original gang were awesome people and we came incredibly far from a bunch of noobs who knew nothing and nobody chaining up freshly created 5k respect factions.
I do think I left at the right time, it isn't what it used to be, but I don't regret the journey I had there.
I mean without starting somewhere I would not have the experiences to lead to the knowledge and lessons I learned over the years.
I wouldn't see it as a waste of time unless you never moved on or up... Something to learn in every experience.
Starter faction was Lowkey Lunatics. Got really lucky and had great teachers. Shoutout to Ohno and Kat92.
If Wenno and SPAM survived you would be fiiiine
In some ways, yes. In where it led me, no. Most of my time spent in my first faction was sat doing chains and taking on responsibility I had no reason to take on. I spent weeks worth of time sitting as chain watch during my first year because I decided I wanted to learn the ins and outs of faction life by doing over reading guides on that stuff. Luckily it was a good faction and they more than helped along the way when I was acting like the new player I was and being absolutely lost with whatever we were doing.
Nope, I joined a faction called Mile High Club when it only had 1 member, 5k rp and had just started out
Turned out ok
(Yes some have longer times in here than me as I like to jump into subs, friends facs etc.. for a change of scenery)
There is nothing you big boys have that we can't build ourselves so no, no regerts at all. ;)
Mine was with Arcadia nothing seems out of ordinary sometimes fun sometimes lame(blame crimes 1.0) n what i hate the most from them they thought me to be independent not to be lazy n when am out damn the world feels different tho would love to return someday (am currently being glazed with free xan n point atm n making a firm moneh first then being lazy again back at Arcadia)
My starting faction kicked me after few days cause I didn't do any single attack on war. Had no idea what an war is and that I had to attack. I was like 5 days old. After that read a bit more forums and decided to become a healer and I landed on WTF where I grew like crazy a learned a ton about the game.
No, it's all fun and a learning experience.
The older I get, the more I appreciate the journey.
No regrets.
My starter faction was Bootcamp (RIP). I learned a great deal about how to play the game although at the time I wasn't particularly motivated to and I even went inactive for a few months during that time. However, I still use all those things I learned from there to improve my game play today. Faction was sold and we merged with another faction until I was kicked right at the beginning of ranked warring for lack of participation. Good times.
Definitely not. First faction is where i met some of my most trusted friends in game to date. Shoutout to Retroclick and Mr_Disaster.
That being said if faction didn't sell would have never found the rest of some of my other most trusted friends here in TNL family.
My first faction (Then known as The assassin brotherhood) was cool but absolutely dead. Didn't learn a thing there and I'm probably lucky I enjoyed the game else I probably should have quit on that basis but luckily The covenant came and swooped me up and taught me the basics and more of torn they are such a good group. So although my first official faction was dead, the first torn family feel i got was covy.
My first faction ultimately got sold and the new owners changed name and went inactive.
Mentions: Ka tu Ka Vakare [39593] · The Covenant [21716]
Got recruited to Legion of Harbingers within a week of playing Torn and i am still with them as of today. Taught me a lot and got me hooked onto the game. Nice helpful community filled with fun and nice people.
I Started in igloo and switched to a smaller faction I actually had the most fun in my smallest faction but as time progressed I realized that I needed to join a bigger one and have been moving up in factions ever since. It's the people in it that make it what it is. Igloo was great assassins were great but i wanted more active sell swords were the best :) and I think they were my second faction
And stompers is currently fantastic.
Not at all