Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Revivers refinery

Started by Ooikoh [2348309] on in General Discussion.

28 replies · 419 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

shadowchild [7176] ×1 boozn997 [2145872] ×1 Razurrr [2147833] ×1 Diamond_Hands [2660111] ×1 Goatkush [2801762] ×1 Co-dy [3049709] ×1 PaulJHadfield [3416238] ×1 Mirrabelque [3704791] ×1

Ooikoh [2348309]

While reviving, not uncommonly I come across some scammers that request revives and don’t pay. While some people’s generous tips balance these out, I would still like to avoid the scammers. I have just been scammed by Diamond_Hands and after a few minutes someone has bountied him for revive scams. I realised that it was not his first offence. So here I am making a thread which revivers can use to refine who they revive.

 

If you had similar experiences please reply with their names, id, their modus operandi and some proof, so that I can add their names to the below list. 

 

Below is the list of some scammers, those that I remember, I have come across. The list is in alphabetical order.

The list: Name [ID] (MO/it is not mentioned in case where they simply requests and later on ignore when you ask for payment).


3238025 [3238025]

boozn997 [2145872] 

Goatkush [2801762] (Post revives he will send partial amount and alleges that he had sent all the amount and we are lying, I had to ask him for log reports for taking the case with moderators to trail the missing amount. He will even take up some random name that is close to yours and intimidate that he will report you for multiple accounts).

Ming [1812008]

 

Removed Diamond_Hands [2660111] as he paid today which I refunded due to my accusations. I definitely jumped the gun with my decision and accept what will be coming for me.

 

I am attaching the screenshots below of my chats with them. The initial requests usually come up in the trade chat so I am unable to produce proof of that. I don't have multi accounts and if people think so they are free to report me I am sure staff will find that I don't have multis. Please don't blame my faction due to my personal post.

 

I won't be replying to this post anymore as this is way more than the time I would like to spend on torn and I was already trying to cut down, although unsuccessfully.

 

 

 


Note:

Freevive is not a scam.

Low fee is not a scam unless you have previously settled on a deal.

Random revives given by you that people don’t reciprocate with a tip are not scams.

There were a few more whom I couldn’t add as I couldn’t find them with search. (Maybe they have changed their names. I didn’t save their IDs).

As this thread is meant to be precautionary, I haven’t mentioned/won’t mention permanently fedded accounts.

Mentions: boozn997 [2145872] · Diamond_Hands [2660111] · Goatkush [2801762]

fitzsuffices [1544976]

How do you tell the difference between a scammer and someone who just wants a free revive?

 

Lots of revivers do their revives without expecting payment, since they still get the revive experience and progress towards the awards.

 

Seems kind of silly to punish players who won't pay for something that they don't have to pay for.

Shooby [2510470]

So you're just listing names without proof?

This will end up a dead list without context just like all the other scammer/buymugger threads people have tried to make over two decades.

JDWV [2029519]

UHC (The Rifle Medics, Medic!!, 39th Healers) has our own black list.  WTF, HeLa, and Nuke I know have one themselves. Our bots auto block them when they request revives. This year, we only have five new ones at UHC.

Mirrabelque [3704791]

Not paying for revives

5/21/2025

 

TrueXvull [3313837]

Refused to pay

5/3/2025

 

shadowchild [7176]

Not paying revives

5/3/2025

 

Edwards [3049709]

Threatening reviver after hostile revive

5/2/2025

 

PaulJHadfield [3416238]

Refused to pay for requested revive

5/2/2025

Mentions: Co-dy [3049709] · Mirrabelque [3704791] · PaulJHadfield [3416238] · shadowchild [7176]

Ooikoh [2348309]

They usually put a message in the trade chat saying ‘revive for x amount’ and don’t pay afterwards. I mentioned in the note below that freevive requests are not scams, neither are random revives. You can see that at the end of the post.

Ooikoh [2348309]

 

This is the proof for Goatkush one I mentioned. I thought adding proofs for each and everyone will just make it too long. And for a lot of scammers the context will be missing for the proof as they request revives on the trade chat and then ghost on the personal chat. But I agree that it may end up as a dead list without context.

UKLaw [2703120]

Maybe you got confused while switching between your multis while reviving? Faction name + his story checks out, no?

UKLaw [2703120]

Got proof of Edwards threats? Post screenshot.

 

Pretty bold accusation to throw out in public with no evidence

Co-dy [3049709]

"if i would have got mugged with 2b on hand because of your rev idc what you tell me id be hitting you" that's the comment that got me banned xD while dude was trying to "hostile revive" me while moving money 😂😂😂 you'd think for someone in leadership they'd have thicker skin or at least understand an actual threat when one is presented to them. 🤷 Enjoy making less money sorry to all the revivers that have gotten me and made more money xD one mans fragile feelings got hurt 😂

JDWV [2029519]

It was as a precaution because someone paid for a revive. We don't pay attention on who does it. We just do the business because that's what we do as a reviver. They were blacklisted to prevent their from ever being an issue since they made threats. 

 

Easier to just knock it out before it becomes another issue.

 

It's not like there are other places that do business with whoever pays them like mercenaries or bounty hunters guild or nebula. 

 

Shooby [2510470]

This is not proof, this is still your word against his in a conversation.

If someone says they're paying for revives, a fail is not a revive. No where in this context does it say they agreed to pay for attempts.

R_N_B [2826203]

Weird communication lol I wonder where went wrong

One side claiming have already sent 7 sent with 3+2+2, asked to provide sc logs / logs but refuse then directly mentioning sending logs to staff

 

Other side, claiming receiving 2 mil only, while not even providing sc of his own logs and continue to provide chat sc conflict which didn't help

 

Both want the staff to be judge

Man... being staff is rough 🤣

JDWV [2029519]

Well don't threaten to f**k up a reviver for doing what they're paid to do and there's no problems. They just doing their job just like everyone else does. I don't really care either way. You're welcome to get as butt hurt as you want about it.