Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crypto Mining Crime

Started by NLeader [3719287] on in Suggestions.

25 replies · 97 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

NLeader [3719287]

Hello. As you guys know you can build rigs for cybercrimes to get better outcomes. But what if they added a new crime which allows you to do crypto mining? I know, crypto mining isn't a crime. But what if you sent a file to a victim and make them install it, which is a crypto miner (but they dont know it). So, here is how it would work:

 

1- Picking A Target

First, you have to pick yourself a target. Picking a good target is important because their computer specs may vary. Better computer = better pay. The targets also have a value called "Carelessness". If the value is high, they are more likely to fall for your scam and install the miner. 

 

2- Installing The Crypto Miner

To install the miner to the target's computer you need to contact them. Contacting a target costs 8 nerves. If you successfully contact a target the next phase will begin. If you couldn't contact, then you will have to try again on a different target. The next phase is sending them the file. You can disguise the file as the following:

 

  • Cute Cat Photo (Will most likely fool Elderly Woman)
  • Daily Sales Report (Will mosy likely fool Worker)
  • Pirated Game (Will most likely fool Teen)
  • Pornography (Will most likely fool Elderly Man and Teen)

There will be specific targets like Elderly Woman, Worker, Teen, Elderly Man etc. Specific disguises will fool them easier.

 

3- Activating The Miner

Activating the miner costs 5 nerve. Once a miner is activated it will stay active until it's found by the target.

 

I will think on this idea and add more stuff if I think of any.

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

How about don't dismiss an idea solely because of how old a person is. A good idea is a good idea no matter how old the person is that suggests it.

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

This is basically a blend of two crimes that already exist in the game. I like it but I don't think it adds anything that isn't already in the game. Maybe if you flesh it out a bit more as in what crypto would be used for in the game it would be better. Like having crypto be and outcome of existing crimes would be a better way to get crypto into the game. But you would have to come up with an idea for what to use the crypto for. Like would you buy things with it you can't buy with torn bucks or what would it be for?

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

I'm thinking at level 16 and having played over a month he has enough of an idea of the game to be able to come up with ideas for it. It's not a matter of knowing what's good for torn. It's a matter of coming up with an idea and being brave enough to put it out there. That should be encouraged not hindered.

MG7 [3016744]

Your total skill in all crimes doesn't reach 75, you still have at least 1.1k levels to go (also remember that higher levels = longer to get). How about you get everything to 100 and then suggest a new crime?

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

Ok so your opinion is that it is useless and that it won't benefit the game but what makes you right? You aren't the only one that plays this game. You are entitled to your opinion but maybe give constructive feedback instead of just hating on the guy because of the age. Stop be so close minded and judgmental.

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

Getting to level 100 in all crimes is an unrealistic and unnecessary gatekeeping requirement to post an idea. Maybe give some constructive criticism instead of just being close minded and spewing hate.

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

I never claimed it would. I think crypto could benefit the game if it is added in the right way, but I never said this specific idea benefits the game. If you had read my reply to the OP, you would have realized that. I don't have to prove it benefits the game because I never claimed that. All I said to you was don't gatekeep who can suggest ideas in unnecessary and unrealistic ways. That's all.

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

I’m just confused as to why people want to crypto-mine in torn… it would be more boring than spamming arsons 😂 

 

if you want to mine crypto go play CryptoMining Simulator in roblox people 

Unlucky [2472585]

This idea just seems like a mix of scamming and card skimming. 

If you could make the idea more unique it might be cool. 

RapidAssassin [2781031]

The point I was trying to get through was that OP is very inexperienced, and hasn't even played the game as much as I have. I've played for 3 damn years, and I think I would know a thing or two on what should be tweaked, compared to a 34 day old player who only has a crime skill of 75, with ALL CRIMES COMBINED.

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]

Ok so you are saying that you are better than them and therefore they are wrong. You are committing the fallacy of arguing from authority. Just because you have played more doesn't make you automatically right. Get over your egotistical self. Sheesh

RapidAssassin [2781031]

Again, as stated 3 DAMN TIMES, I am not saying I am better or right, I am trying to say that a young player 9/10 times would not know much about the game. OP is new and still has a lot to learn in the game, once you understand the physics, then you should be well on your way. OP is not in a good faction, so that should tell you their knowledge on the game.