Torn PDA is now working for race creation again on latest version sorry for the long delay on fixing that one
Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Great work on Custom races support, especially in TornPDA.
It would be fantastic if you could also streamline entering Official races - one click to join a race and select the right car would be a dream.
Keep up the good work.
I’ll look into how those races are generated and see if I can add a preset button for join official races on Monday
Torn PDA full functionality restored
Added Official Race Compatability and More Filters
I've done everything I can think of to do at this point, if anyone has anything they would like added Post it here and I'll try to make it happen.
Would it be possible to have the option to set start time to 1/2/3 hours from current time rather than it being an actual preset time (always 11:00 TCT)?
ill try to come up with a way to incorporate both methods, some people set races at the same time for events and leagues and such so I don't want to remove that method but ill try to think of a way to make your request possible aswell
If I may make a request, please update the original post to tell people what API Key to use for this script!
This script works with just the basic Limited API Key but if you want to generate a custom API Key that only has the relevant racing permissions you can use the link below:
https://www.torn.com/preferences.php#tab=api?step=addNewKey&title=Racing%20Manager%20Script&user=enlistedcars,races&racing=cars,carupgrades,race,races,records,tracks
How do you configure the script to know which cars to use for each track with official races?
I don't see how to do this from the pop-up menu. I just want to pair each track with its respective preferred car.
Added Terms and Conditions to comply with Torns updated Script Policy
Bump
Can we get a statement from staff why it is automated scripting? There are other scrupts like that and I would like to know what is legal and illegal to abide by the rules.
Other one button race creation and joining do exist so I do feel like there is precedent.
I havent seen the script and only been aware becuase a factikn wide ping warning about this. Thank you
if you click my cars just after the cars make you see a pencil click it you can put a note next to car like what race to use it for
Don't use the script. the creator of it has been fedded.
Mentions: Grave
Don't use this script.
Any form of automated actions performed by the script puts your account at risk of Violating Torn.com Terms of Services/Conditions.
Torn.com requires all users of said account to make all actions manually by their own physical interaction with a mouse or keyboard. So if you use a script to perform any actions on your behalf, your account is at risk of being Fedded/banned.
Even if other existing scripts have automated funcationalities that do not require a human being to manually click a mouse to perform an action still have their creator out side of Fed and not have their script edited out of their Forum, and warnings distributed, doesn't mean it's still okay to be used.
Stop using any script that does actions on your behalf ASAP.
That's the issue, though: it's unclear what exactly this script was doing that might be illegal. The Shlefter script, which is 9 months old, also allowed for one-click race starts and hasn't been fedded. The creator has taken it offline for now as precaution but says staff feedback is still pending. I know for a fact that the original script was widely used, and I wouldn't want anyone to get fedded when things are so unclear. This new script is clearly illegal, but for the original one, it's kind of ambiguous.
I asked staff about the originak script legality and they couldnt answer.
It seems the author added a "Race Auto Join" feature that'd check if you are not racing, automatically join a new available race, and if none available start a refreash cycle until it finds one. Likely to cheat at Torn Tenacity Trial
he tried to hide it with the new updates, but the older version of the script still has it
This does NOT look like an "oopsie" code chunk. Would be surprised if they walk away with a temp fed, the whole startAutoJoin function is pretty fishy.
Not to mention the ensureCustomEventsTab function: