Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Visiting the US

Started by Chucktom [2716499] on in General Non-related.

106 replies · 395 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 107 / 107 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
107
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Chucktom [2716499]

Anything I should know beforehand? Is customs as annoying as it seems? Any tips I should know to better my trip there? (20 days vacation) (B2 visa)

Leerie [3387354]

You might have it stripped away and be deported to a prison to await trial.

 

Just cause you look different.  No U.S for me.

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

You are from South America, and not Mexico, so you should be OK. Some airports have facilaties where you can get through all the bullshit before the flight, makes it easier...

 

Where you heading?

SkarabRevenge [3472610]

American customs to know. We are loud, proud, obnoxious, and expect tips because we are underpaid. Other than that, we like to eat with our hands instead of fork and knife, thus many burger, pizza joints. Is why we are unhealthy because eating salad with hands is messy. We make more eye contact than most countries. We fist bump, sometimes shake hands, but no kissing when greeting unless fancy rich or are in love. With each other. And wear seatbelt.

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Really depends on where you are going, which you forgot to mention. 

 

America is huge, both in size but also local customs and things you can expect.

Beerstein [1322136]

In that case, watch out for the NYPD too. Since you're white, avoid talking in earshot of any type of law enforcement and you should be fine.

Chucktom [2716499]

I mean customs as in border customs, I will definitely not tip all the time since i'm not exactly wealthy either lmao. Thanks for the advice tho, I knew you guys don't greet each other with kisses which is going to be weird since we do that all the time in my country.

Chucktom [2716499]

I doubt they will say anything to me honestly, I'll just have my visa in hand just in case, many of my friends have visited the US and told me they didn't get any issue at all from law enforcement.

Beerstein [1322136]

It's true it's fine for many, only a minority get the anal cavity search. Seems to be a trend that they're conventionally attractive though, so if you're ugly AF you should be fine.

Chucktom [2716499]

Great to know, I heard they sometimes check phones and luggage more for some reason, I don't got anything except perhaps a few pictures of weed here and there which I heard can cause problems at customs.
Just in case you didn't see my previous reply, I'm going to Florida, DC, New York, New Jersey and Illinois!

Beerstein [1322136]

Lol if you think those rednecks wont throw your ass out over pictures of weed you're giving em way too much credit. Delete that shit and wipe the empty space on your phone. Actually not joking.