Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Please explain warnings

Started by DoctorCuraga [2615198] on in Graveyard.

51 replies · 455 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
52
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DoctorCuraga [2615198]

Ok, i'll keep this short. A five year old goes into WH Smith, and buys me a book for fathers day (I know her mum paid for it really, but that's not the point.)

 

I posted a quote from it (not obscene, no bad language.) and got a warning.

 

Now poked hornets next with a stick, so....

 

I've done some research, and I can legally change my name to the 4 letter C-word, but with a K instead of a C.

 

If I post my deed-poll letter here proving the change of, will I get banned purely for using my LEGAL name?

 

It will be spelt (legally) K...U...N... you get the point.

 

Solyonya [3532830]

It was about an obscene thing happening to a person's daughter. It was honestly really weird and made me cringe when I read it. No one wants to read graphic things like that when perusing the forums. 

DoctorCuraga [2615198]

Not as much as im gonna! (am on zero now)

 

D.Demon: it was about a girl and a happy bunch of bikers (if I post it agian, it'll get removed for no reason.)

 

Beerstein [1322136]

Don't do what you did again, doesn't matter much, I've gotten a bunch just put some effort in to not break rules and you're fine.

DoctorCuraga [2615198]

My 5 year old bought it for me on fathers day from WH Smith. So, a five year old can purchase it, read it, whatever, but I cannot post it online.

 

No sense whatsoever.

 

Go read it at your local library. So you can read it there but not here?

 

Again, no sense.

Solyonya [3532830]

You keep saying this like it changes the fact that the general public does not want to read that when scrolling on a game. Going to a library or a store and getting a book is much different than scrolling on a game and reading about an implied graphic crime. It's disturbing and I don't understand why this is the hill you want to die on... Also, if you let your 5 year old read that, it's on the parent, not the store that sold it. That's kind of how it works, parents are moderators to the media children consume, just like the admins are moderators to what is seen by the general public of Torn based on how obscene it is. 

7-eleven [2927678]

Really? This the battle you choose to fight? 

 

"Oh no I got a warning over a word that is commonly used as derogatory term! But I don't think it should be so I will not stand for this! Come Torn brothers and sisters! Join me in the ultimate fight for Freedom!"

 

Dude, ever think about registering to just Keep Calm and not make a big deal about a nothingburger?