Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Please explain warnings

Started by DoctorCuraga [2615198] on in Graveyard.

51 replies · 455 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

DoctorCuraga [2615198]

HA! I have the message from TornCityStaff with a screenshot of the actual words used. have saved it in messages, but basically the sentence was:

 

"If he didn't obey, he'd find his something fair few words no swears two weeks later with something fair few words no swears surrounded by a bunch of happy bikers."

 

Now I'm waiting for a warning for this post. 

 

EDIT: I guess I cant post the screenshot here, will just get a warning. But it'll remind me how much of an ass ppl can be (pot, kettle?) when I look again in a few years 

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

The "joke" or "content", however you want to phrase it, was sexual assault of a minor...

 

Which you thought was apparently ok because a book store had it in a book?

 

You're explicitly quoting obscene parts to be obscene. Honestly I don't even know how to dumb it down enough where you see it's not ok to be joking about such things like this out of context.

 

This is just graphically obscene content with intent to shock. It fits our obscene content guideline pretty perfectly.

 

A 5 year old isn't going into a store to buy a book to see such things, and even if they did they couldn't read or understand that. If a parent thinks that's something acceptable to give and read to a child that's on them and says enough.

 

 

As others said, in that context the parents are the moderators. Apparently we are your parents in this case because you are certainly acting like a child.

 

 

Graving this, this is just absurd.

DoctorCuraga [2615198]

Ban the bible then?

 

    • staff edit - obscenity

    •  

THAT'S OBSCENE CONTENT TOO. where is the line? oh, ok its in the bible. ANOTHER BOOK.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Yes we have also banned/warned people who have used bible quotes to be obscene or discriminatory. What's your point? Is it that you are just a nutcase?

 

What's your end game here exactly, that you should be allowed to post about child sexual assault? Jesus dude just take the L on this one before we delete you due to apparent safeguarding concerns for our player base.

DoctorCuraga [2615198]

Im a father of 3 daughters myself. The hell are YOU on about? I just posted a quote from Jack Reacher. No harm intended, and I deffo dont use literature to be obscene, bible or not.

Bumfluff [969606] Wiki Contributor

I’ll just take some quotes from “Mein Kampf” and share them, no harm intended just a bit of history.

 

You see how your logic falls to pieces? 

If you take something out of context and emphasise the worst interpretation of it - even with ‘no harm intended’ - just because you might be too dense or desensitised not to see the harm in the content you’re posting doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Personally as a father of a young daughter I can think of better things to be doing, like... Sleeping and/or being a parent to said daughter rather than drunkenly posting about how I should be allowed to post child r*pe quotes in an online forum from 3am... The gulf between those two is so vast I can't even quantify it.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

The quote was from Jack Reacher? You let your 5 yo daughter read Jack Reacher?? Do you also let her watch the show???

 

I thought you were talking about an actual children's book. Jack Reacher is a very graphic crime novel series.

 

One of the books is called Killing Floor.

 

It's not about what happens to a floor.