Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Save Madden

Started by PhoqueYou [3366164] on in Gaming.

8 replies · 27 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
PhoqueYou [3366164]

Not sure how many people here play Madden, but I would just like to say, please stop buying Madden games. They suck. Buying them just lets them continue making them. If enough of us stop buying, maybe they'll actually release a good title instead of the game, buggy, unrealistic, boring, horrible game. If you don't think Madden is bad, you are either:

 

  1. A new player to Madden/not a NFL fan

Not a bad thing if you can't tell how bad it is, so not a problem if you still think it's good. But if you wanna buy it, please don't. Go play something else, it's not worth it.

 

     2. Someone who has sunk too much money into MUT and is in denial

Stop playing MUT. It's just plain bad, the biggest reason why the game has fallen into disrepair. Go play a fun offline game with no microtransactions, it'll be good for you.

 

     3. You're delusional

Quite simply, if you're not one of the other 2 and think Madden is good, you're probably delusional. Case closed.

 

So please don't buy Madden anymore. More info on how bad Madden (and most other sport games) are, check out SoftdrinkTV on Youtube.

 

And finally,

f**k OFF EA

Sincerely, Buffalo Bills fan and guy who is mad at EA for not giving him a good game,

PhoqueYou

Varides [2176530]

I think I last bought Mad 24 for the PS4. Pretty sure I have a grand total of like 30 hours and won't be back. It runs so poorly. It's the same with NHL games regarding the HUT gameplay as well. Just awful systems. 

 

I wish 2K got better rights for NFL and NHL as MLB is pretty good the last one I purchased. 

PhoqueYou [3366164]

100% agree with all of that. NHL and NFL are both terrible.

 

MLB is actually made by San Diego Studios, and it's for sure the best sports game on the market (Not like it has much competition)

Varides [2176530]

Lots of them have gone down hill. They are just money printers at this point when really they could make a good game, make slight fixes, then release updated rosters for a reduced DLC cost every year. 

 

Similar formula to CoD where the game just seems to be degrading but still makes tons of revenue. 

PhoqueYou [3366164]

If only I could get the entire human population to stop buying them, then maybe they would make a good game. A guy can dream...

 

But yeah, the games are literally a roster update update yearly, they don't give a shit. There are people working there who have said that they get shot down when they try to add changes (some of which were changes that were in the game 15-20 years I might add).

Varides [2176530]

I think it's more than that though. They actively take away or refine some mechanics that do poorly and don't bother to fix it, just push more stuff to monetize it all. 

 

It's really unfortunate all the licensing that would go into making one of these games, otherwise there might be more competition. 

PhoqueYou [3366164]

I'm not sure about the other games but Madden has a contract saying no one else can make NFL games, and the moment that was signed EA started to remove mechanics and stopping fixing bugs and stuff. Then they found the money hole called Ultimate Team and the quality of all sports games dropped off a cliff.

EddieLee706 [1591144]

Capitalism at its finest.

 

The only  Madden I really joined was back when Vick was on the cover.

 

I prefer NCAA game anyways even though they both are now EA. I like the older game but I will buy the new one too. Frostbite engine isn't great either.