Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Flight timer?

Started by Banger_Sullivan [3715993] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 95 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Banger_Sullivan [3715993]

Ok guys, 

 

How accurate is this thing? I appear to be getting mugged often.

 

If I wasn't online actively trying to AVOID being mugged I'd accept it as my own ineptitude.

 

Last time it happened I queried with staff and was told l was mugged 18 seconds after landing.

 

Now when I'm online and this is happening I'm really not seeing this 18 seconds. 

 

Possibly 3 seconds from the timer hitting zero to the loading of the landed/hospital page.

 

Which, to my mind STILL gives me an age to do what I need to do and get back on a plane.

 

So I figured I'd ask the experts what they thought?

 

 

IndyCision [2597200]

The timer is accurate, you are suffering from a slow connection to the game.

Refresh your page when you are at about 30 seconds until landing just to make sure what you see is still accurate.

(The reason they added the 15 seconds in the first place was because of players with this issue, before that you didn't even see the landing page, you went straight from flying to hospital with nothing inbetween)

 

If you have TornTools the timer on the drop-down when you click the top of the page is pretty accurate

 

Edit: Also if you look at your log entry, you can see exactly what time to the second you will be landing (or rather you can work it out)

08:23:46 - 14/06/25 You boarded a 2h 02m personal flight from Switzerland to Torn  = I will land at 10:25:46 TCT

pestilence101 [445588]

What I've found is whenever I leave a Torn page with a timer on in the background, the timer lags behind. This happens all the time with Auction House timers actually. So it's always good to refresh if you haven't been actively looking at the page in a bit, and make sure the time you're seeing is accurate.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

The timer changes as you fly. There is a mismatch between page clock and server clock. The displayed time may not be accurate. Refresh when you're minute out or so.