Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What am I Missing?

Started by MD-Quinn [3596389] on in Stock Market.

2 replies · 287 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
MD-Quinn [3596389]

I get that trading the stock market daily isn't that lucrative, but if I have 350m to trade with I can make good money. 

 

Why would I invest in SYM block And just leave my money there for weeks for a weekly 3m ? 

 

What am I missing here?

Is it just a passive income that people like to forget about?

HyperFox25 [3550538]

In stocks 3.0 the market isn't as volatile so people can't really day trade + it's no-longer selling to players so the SYM dividend is just a nice 32% AER

Kami [2078764]

You can not expect to make beyond a certain point per month relative. In other words, that means if a dividend surpasses the average return you can generate actively, you will literally earn more doing nothing than trying to trade. It's literally just math that you're missing.


SYM: provides 4m a week, that is, around 16M a month
Your average trade return per month would have to surpass 16M/SYM Block Cost*SYM Block Cost (collapses to dividend sum) to justify using that blocks capital as trade capital instead. For instance as of now, and presuming an average net return of 2% a month:

== $16,000,000/$341,545,000 = 0.049 == 4,9% per month in passive dividend value.

Active:
== 0.02*$341,545,000 == $6,830,900

In result, you'd be losing -$9,169,100 in opportunity cost per month on average. That is, before considering you put up time to trade.



It's the same matter as with running a business in real life. If it doesn't exceed broad market returns by a considerable margin, why bother? Just earn passively instead.