Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Outbox Question

Started by TheRealAlgoma [2094367] on in Questions & Answers.

1 replies · 40 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
TheRealAlgoma [2094367]

I have been playing this game for a long time and always wondered but never asked. Why can't you delete sent messages from your outbox? Like isn't that information taking up space somewhere? And what purpose does making it impossible to delete serve? I just don't see the point after all this time i thought for sure one day they would add the feature but they still have not. Weird!?

Shooby [2510470]

I'd assume for moderation purposes. We don't know what administrative tools they have for moderating.

 

If I was going around messaging people slurs and hate speech or breaking the rules otherwise, then wiping my outbox, I still think staff could access it; but in the case they couldn't or just for the sake of convenience, those messages can be used for reference.

 

You can also unlock anonymous messaging so in the case of a recipient report, you need to track who it came from because they can't.

 

 It doesn't take up any space on your end so it's really not a big deal unless you have something to hide.