I'm having overdose streaks which is 5 times in a row.
Am I having bad luck or is that normal?
Is there a way to reduce chances of being OD?
Started by PH0BIA [2220458] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
I'm having overdose streaks which is 5 times in a row.
Am I having bad luck or is that normal?
Is there a way to reduce chances of being OD?
Basically join a faction with max drug toleration perks or join a 7* and above nightclub to reduce chances of OD
Faction toleration helps lower chances but its still rng.
My faction has max toleration and I've OD'd 5x this month and 3x last month.
So it might be by chances
You had 4 overdoses in the last 16 xanax
But no overdoses in the 44 xanax before that.
Just bad RNG giving a cluster of overdoses - your lifetime total overdoses per drug is still normal (2.87%)
Edit: You are also in what looks to be a relatively low respect cache farming faction, but you were probably in a faction with toleration perks before - if you look at their upgrades tree do they have the toleration branch unlocked and any points in the "overdose reduction" perks?
I see.So I'm having series of ODs that I didn't overdose before.Thanks!
I’ve had 5 in the last 2 weeks. I’m glad I’m not alone, as cruddy as that sounds.
It doesn't really "save them up" for later - it is RNG at around 3% (for Xanax) depending on perks - but yeah, you had "lucky" times in the past that this has made up for :)
In the same way that flipping a coin will eventually average out at close to 50% heads, with "streaks" of the same side landing face-up, your overdose rate will average out in the long run as close to the 2-3% - every drug has the same chance regardless of what happened before.
There is a one in 36,000 or so chance of overdosing on 3 consecutive Xanax - highly unlikely but possible. You could equally go a whole year popping Xanax without a single overdose. Statistically with the number of Torn players, both WILL happen to multiple people. Both could happen to the SAME person :)