Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Creative Money

Started by Valinis [3725376] on in General Discussion.

57 replies · 566 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 58 / 58 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
58
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Valinis [3725376]

I see a lot of begging and gift posts, and a few guides, but those are more for "regular" methods of making money.  I'm curious about some of the more creative ways people have tried (whether successful or not), as well as potentially ideas people have had but haven't engaged in due to lack of capital/network/time/etc. that they would be willing to share.  Lets make it fun and do 1 thing you've tried, the result, and 1 idea you have.  Posting goals is okay (I'm very goal oriented and use it to give drive towards things), tipping is okay, but let's make this about the actual ideas and not about looking for handouts.

 

Tried - Flipping a faction.  Success rate 100% (1 attempt, week long endeavor).  

Profit - Approximately 1100% ROI

Verdict - Successful but very time consuming

 

Idea - Staffing agency

Description - Outsource staffing needs for companies/factions looking for recruits.  The more refined and specific the requirements, the more expensive the role is to fill.

Expected costs - Time only (subscriber status to increase efficiency in searches)

Risk factor - Minimal.  Occasional bounties from approaching potentially grumpy people. 

Expected ROI - Virtually 100% Profit, as any expenses would be extremely marginal.

 

Current goals - Stock Blocks to support my company 

Hamr [2027992]

These have all already been done

 

Look around Tutorials & Guides, and ask around in your faction get into a better faction

 

You're also really too young to run a company, you'd do better as staff

IMEZI [727005]

You can make multi's account for somebody else to get the honor, but chedburn and boogie gonna catch you and burned the money you earned...

Zapi [2414001]

There's plenty of ways to get a ton of money.

 

Passive, active, effort/time heavy.

 

It's not doing just a one thing, it's doing multiple.

 

Chat me and I'll elaborate more.

0xHemlock [2662912]

Unfortunately, the outsourcing idea for staffing is against the rules. No advertising for a faction or company you don't have a stake in. Good idea, though!

 

A couple years ago, Trade Chat was only visited by mindless entrepreneurs copy/pasting their recruiting message for companies they barely remember. I much prefer having Trade populated by real people now.

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

You still here? Need me to kick your sorry arse back into hospital or are you going to run off like a little girl to get noobs to place bounties for you, again?

 

Don't think they will man up for your candy arse again... 

Madgod [1733719]

get noobs to place bounties for you, again?

 

lol how does a player with a 5 digit ID not understand how the BHG work

 

Edit:

 

Also I still have Early Discharge 

 

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

BHG will stop working. Seems hospitalising them 5 times takes the will out of them...

 

Taking on the head, some level 40 noob will be easy. And that leaves you...

 

Never forget, never forgive...

Madgod [1733719]

Sigh, I guess I will explain it for you

 

See, BGH is a service, where members sign up in order to sell their bounty slots to other people

 

I can order bounties, someone will claim my order, accept payment, and push the order onto their team of bounty placers. 

 

Depending on player level, they may or may not require them to be anonymous. But some players don't care, as they understand it is an expected risk. 

 

These people placing bounties on you had absolutely no affiliation with me what so ever. They didn't lose will, I simply haven't placed another order. But I think I might

 

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

And I will explain it to you...

 

When you kick the shit out of noobs, they stop placing bounties. When you kick the shit out of the noob that started it, they lose the will as well...

 

And again, that leaves little cowards like you on your own...

 

Think outside the box and adapt...