Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

When does this game get fun?

Started by MassMurderer666 [3768222] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 429 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
51
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

MassMurderer666 [3768222]

I've been playing this game for a little over a month, which I realize full and well is practically nothing.  But I'm not getting much out of it.  I log in several times a day to pump my stats in the gym and commit petty crimes like shoplifting, that's it, thats all I've been doing everyday.  I've been using my Merits of course, have a job at the Casino; and have been patiently waiting to hit level 15 because I read that's when the ability to travel activates and things are supposed to get better.  I'm a level 9, the house and weapons I've aquired are due to shoplifting an item early in my career from the Pharmacy that was worth $600K.  I've tried joining Factions with no success, understandably no one wants a new unknown player.

 

I love the idea of a long term commitment game like this, am I doing something wrong or am I right on track for the typical new player?

Shooby [2510470]

It doesn't. 

 

But to be serious; you're not in a faction, you're in a casino job which is virtually useless, you don't have a donator status which means you're losing 50 natural energy plus faster regeneration time. 

 

There's no "wrong" way to play, but if there was,  you'd be doing it. I recommend reading over some guides for a better experience and layout of the game. There's tons of factions who accept new players, all you have to do is look in faction recruitment forum.

 

Edit: also try and avoid joining a cache farm who's going to underpay and just use your account to enlist in wars to profit off you being there and join a 1mil respect+ established faction.

VonDut [1781240]

The community is the main reason I still play this game! It's great chatting/joking/bitching/wondering/speculating/etc. with faction members and even with players on the forums.

 

So, my (and probably most others) advice is to figure out what type of player you want to be (fighter, criminal, reviver, importer, trader, etc) and find a faction that meets that style. Make some friends, get some gameplay advice, grow together! This game is not a solo adventure, although I admit that I sure did try that for far too long. Which is why I am behind players younger than I am, but therein lies the beauty of the game!.

 

Good luck!

 

Edit to add: Shooby is absolutely correct in "try and avoid joining a cache farm"!!

WruceBayne [3116697]

It takes a while to sort of build up, get up to speed, if you will.

I found it was slow in the flying stages and got more interesting as you started getting stronger/having more passive income. There are numerous avenues you can take, like crimes, RW, direct attacking (bounties, mugs) that may be of interest to you later on. 

You need to find a faction that accepts newer players as well as more interesting city job. Sweet shops and flower shops are good for new players. Definitely shop around and see what you can find. 

Simon_Ho [2739076]

If you're a fan of seeing numbers gradually increase, then that might do it for you. If you're waiting on new content? Well, the devs are glacially slow and have very odd priorities for what they do change.

 

As of now, Halloween is the only event left in the game that has any sort of meaningful interaction, the rest were tossed in the garbage.

Bitch_Pudding [3310523]

You are level 9. You can't even fly yet. You are also not in a faction, so you can't do ranked wars. You essentially have knee capped yourself by not having the two biggest money making abilities.

 

As far as when do things get fun? When you're big enough to start fighting back. Eventually you start to build rivalries because of one thing or another and it's always enjoyable when you can not only catch up to them but surpass them. Then it's your time to teach them a lesson. The games a lot like old school cod where it didn't care about matching you with fair opponents. If you're better you are better and there's nothing they can do about it. 

 

Lastly after getting to lv 15 so you can fly id suggest saving up for a donator pack. You really are handy capping your progress by not having donator status or subscriber.

Jucamais [2729148]

hey, its actually strange that no faction hasn't come to recruit you yet. are you being active enough? player activity is most sough for comodity among factions. anyway, if you still want to join one hmu i have a nice invitation for you

bevisjame [4303359]

It sounds like you're really diving into the game, which is great! Leveling up can feel slow at first, but just like in slope game 2, persistence pays off. Keep grinding those stats and building your skills! Remember, every player starts somewhere, and soon you'll be able to explore more options and maybe even join a faction.